Any booster that can be used with belts that have separate retractors.

remken

I'm thinking there isn't any. But figured I'd ask since I'm trying to find a seat for my dads lady friend's gd to use in my dads truck if she goes camping with us. I've never seen the little girl but my dad says she is about the same size as my son who is about 47" and 47 pds. Far as I know the girl isn't in any seat right now as the parents or grandma do not have a vehicle.

ADS

remken

Thank you for that link. I guess it would be a parental decision to go against the manufacture and use a booster for that position. Since I really doubt the parents or grandma is going to buy a harnessed seat.

Sort of off topic. Since it will be dad driving his truck even if the actual parents say to use the seat against the manufactures rules, he is still responsible if something was to happen to her if they happen to get into a wreck and they determine it was because the seat was not being used properly right? I'm in Washington State if it makes any difference.

Pixels

I don't know about Washington in particular, but in most states, the driver is responsible, regardless of what s/he was told to do by the parent. Some states have exceptions if the parent is in the vehicle, in which case the parent would be responsible.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I believe the Evenflo Confidence doesn't have warnings about seperate retractors. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons I bought it. I'll have to dig out the manual to double check.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC