Is the gentle cycle gentle enough for my Cowmoo?

amyd

My washer (top-loader) doesn't have a handwash cycle...is the gentle/delicate cycle gentle enough for my MA cover? Please tell me it is...please;)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I would, but I'd watch it very closely to make sure the elastic doesn't get snagged on the agitator. And probably use a higher water setting and very little soap. And not complain to Britax if anything goes wrong and I knew it was my fault, lol.

cryswilkins

I have washed all my covers on "hand wash" in my top loader, on cold, with the highest water setting and a few towels. They have always come out great, then I just drip dry them.

daniele_ut

I've washed my Cowmoo MA cover on gentle in a top loader 3 or 4 times. It was all I had available to me before I got my Duet and my cover looks just fine.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It probably does depend on the quality of your top loader too.

I'd trust my aunt's high-quality top loader in a pinch. I wouldn't trust the ones at the last place we lived, which shredded my clothes and blankets on a regular basis (even on "gentle.")

ame0312

ive done it too... with 3 covers... havent tried the cowmoo yet... (its new)... my washer is a top loader & i just put it on "knits/delicates" & nothing has happened so far... then hang to dry...
eta: remembe that it is technically going against the manual since it only says to handwash...

Last edited:

amyd

Well, the Cow's currently in the washer on gentle (on the shortest agitation available) with a tiny squirt of detergent...fingers crossed. We have never had any issues with our washer destroying anything so I'm not too worried. Thanks for the advice, ladies!

tiggercat

I usually wash covers (Cowmoo, microdot tan, granite, platinum) on the handwash setting on my top loader, but I know I've put them on the regular cycle by accident without any after effects.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC