Should I worry? Loose straps!

Heamae

Yesterday dh was getting dd1 in her frontier. I had loosened the straps for her to get in. She buckled her self and dh pulled the strap to tighten it but when he pulled on the harness to make sure it was tight, it came loose. Well he tried again, and again and the straps wouldnt tighten. He was able to pull the straps waaay out. So I walked over and pulled on it myself and it tightened. I pulled on it a few times and it was fine. Im not sure what he was doing that it wasnt tightening. Is this something I should be worried about???

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
uhh..i hve no idea? Can you inspect the adjuster mechanism? sonds like maybe it got stuck in the "out" position and therefore wasn't clamping down, but then when you puklled it, perhaps you changed the angle you were pulling at or something and therefore caused it to clamp down properly? Regardless, i woudl be extermely worried about a seat that might not be locked tight...I would see if you can repeat the incident, and call Britax and explain to them. See what they say. You coudl have an adjuster malfunction.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC