My Ride 65 in SRN, anyone see that?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I got my Safe Ride News yesterday and the My Ride 65 was in it. It looks so small. I missed all the hullabaloo before on it so maybe that was mentioned earlier. Is it really going to fit bigger kids? It looked like a Comfort Sport to me.

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Although it was disappointing to those of us hoping for extreme erf, once we got over that, I beluieve it was determined the shell was similar to the marathon, and so one of the higher shells on the market aside from the truefit and radian. While it won't help those of us trying to keep our 4-5 year olds RFing, (except Christineka's:p), it will actually keep most kids Rfing to at least 3, and will be an excellent choice for those 35-40 pound 1 and 2 year olds to keep rearfacing.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I guess we'll see when it comes out. My kids' problems are generally torso issues, so 40# probably won't be that big. AJ has been my biggest and outgrew the AO at 34# at 34 mos by height, but at 34# that was great IMO. I like having my front kiddos rfing b/c it's easier to talk to the ones in the back row, hahaha, talk about great reasons to rf. I won't be needing a new seat anytime soon though, sigh. This time next year we'll probably have to ff Ilana b/c AJ will need a booster and I'll want a latchable booster so he needs her spot, we'll see.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Ya..I think most of us were just psyched because although it isn't as awesome as we had wanted, the HOPE is that now that there is 1 40-lb seat, others will follwo..and one of THEM will have the bigger shell. The 35 lb limit has been broken....and so now peer pressure demands other companies follow suit, LOL!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Oh definitely and there are lots of kids that NEED that 40# limit just to get to 2, mine just aren't them. :)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I emailed Russ about the possibility of testing the Radian RFing to 40 pounds last week after the pics were posted of the MyRide, his response is:

Lisa,

It is definitely on our agenda to look at, but understand that we take weight capacity rating very seriously. So any changes are looked at very carefully.
You are right, with Radian’s steel frame and stability I am sure we could met the minimum govt requirements to rate Radian 40 lbs RF. But capacity rating is one thing, actual performance at that rated capacity is what really matters. We have to test first and make sure the performance meets OUR requirements…which, by the way are very high (eg. Radian seats are the only car seats NCAP crash tested at 65 lbs and 80 lbs. No other seat comes even close.)

Please definitely touch base with me in June.

Best regards,
Russ Berger

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
hhhmmmm.....interesting...saying "june" makes me think maybe testing or whatever is actually in the works and not just an abstract possibility........dare we hope?

katiesmommy

I emailed Russ about the possibility of testing the Radian RFing to 40 pounds last week after the pics were posted of the MyRide, his response is:

Yeah, now if only it wasn't so ridiculously over reclined in my mom's van. Ugh.

christineka

I emailed Russ a little earlier and he told me "touch base at the end of summer". Sounds like SK is stepping up to get the radian to pass 40 pounds rfing. I need another radian in fall, so I have time to wait. I am hopeful that it will rf to 40 pounds.

Kat_Momof3

And I remember back when he told me they didn't see the demand for it... oh... I know he's eating those words now.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
And I remember back when he told me they didn't see the demand for it... oh... I know he's eating those words now.

honestly, I don't know that the "demand" has actually increased all that much. I think it's pretty much the same C-S.org fanatics who are pushing hard for the higher erf weights and shells. I think that, even once released to the general public, most parents aren't suddenyl going to be demanding more ERF seats..not at all. I think that there will be some amount of pressure, somply because you'll have parents who see "oohh...40 is more than 35,this seat much be better" but most of them will NEVER actually USE the 40 lb limit, nor will they suddenly become safety advocates or whatever. I'm not saying I'm not thrilled the "peer pressure" to create more 40 lb seats will exist, just taht I don't think much has really changed, at least not yet.

Maedze

Now the Radian being 40 lbs rearfacing is something I could get behind. Nice tall shell, and all that leg room!

Synchro246

I got my Safe Ride News yesterday and the My Ride 65 was in it. It looks so small. I missed all the hullabaloo before on it so maybe that was mentioned earlier. Is it really going to fit bigger kids? It looked like a Comfort Sport to me.
Can you take a picture of the picture? Or would that be wrong or weird?

Pixels

Probably no increase in actual demand, but there is an increase in perceived demand. The MR is announced, and all of a sudden a bunch of people (us) say hay, I want the Radian to do that, too, and email them, and voila, there's a huge perceived demand. And yes, while it might not result in parents actually RFing their kids to 40 or even 35 pounds, they'll still see the difference in the numbers when shopping, and that will affect which seats are sold more.

heyruthie

Although it was disappointing to those of us hoping for extreme erf, once we got over that, I beluieve it was determined the shell was similar to the marathon, and so one of the higher shells on the market aside from the truefit and radian. While it won't help those of us trying to keep our 4-5 year olds RFing, (except Christineka's:p), it will actually keep most kids Rfing to at least 3, and will be an excellent choice for those 35-40 pound 1 and 2 year olds to keep rearfacing.

also, the pics with an actual child in it (I *DID* get to see them all before they were deleted!) actually gave the kid quite a bit more head room than the MA, if I recall correctly. it's not the goliath of a seat that we were all expecting, but the child in the seat had a lot of room. honestly, it looked pretty good to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC