Question Safety 1st All In One Convertible Car seat question

U

Unregistered

I just purchased this car seat for my almost 4-year old daughter. She is small for her age (29 lbs) and has a little bit of low muscle tone, so I want to keep her harnessed as long as possible. When I looked at this seat in the store, her shoulders were just under the second to the top harness position. It looked like the harness could be moved up one more position and she had plenty of room to grow, but when I got home and read the manual, it said that the top position was only to be used in booster mode. Does anybody know why this is? It doesn't seem like it would be unsafe or anything. I am a little dissapointed. Although this seast would probably fit her for another year or so, I was hoping it would last longer. I would also appreciate any suggestions for a good seat for my daughter. I have also been looking at the Graco Nautilus, but it seems so big and heavy.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It is unsafe because the top position is not reinforced and the harness might rip through the shell in a crash. Definitely unsafe.

The Nautilus or the Britax Frontier or Britax Regent or Safeguard Child Seat will keep your daughter harnessed for a very long time.

emars002

The Nautilus or the Britax Frontier or Britax Regent or Safeguard Child Seat will keep your daughter harnessed for a very long time.

to the OP, I have 3 of these 4 seats for my 5 year old (she'll be 6 in june) let me know if you need any measurements from them (width of seat, harness height, etc.) after you look into them:)

I have the nautilus, frontier and safeguard

tjham

I just purchased this car seat for my almost 4-year old daughter. She is small for her age (29 lbs) and has a little bit of low muscle tone, so I want to keep her harnessed as long as possible. When I looked at this seat in the store, her shoulders were just under the second to the top harness position. It looked like the harness could be moved up one more position and she had plenty of room to grow, but when I got home and read the manual, it said that the top position was only to be used in booster mode. Does anybody know why this is? It doesn't seem like it would be unsafe or anything. I am a little disappointed. Although this seat would probably fit her for another year or so, I was hoping it would last longer. I would also appreciate any suggestions for a good seat for my daughter. I have also been looking at the Graco Nautilus, but it seems so big and heavy.

Good for you for reading the manual :thumbsup:. Too many people don't!

With her being as small as she is, you could probably get a lot of use out of a Graco Platinum Cargo. It is a FF combination seat which does NOT make a good booster (in fact, I removed the seatbelt guides and the seat looks much nicer without them) but it makes a great harnessed seat that is narrow and not very heavy. My granddaughter is almost 8 and fit in it harnessed until she was almost 7. She was 38 lbs for over a year. :p

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5172347

U

Unregistered

Thank you all so much. Your input has been very helpful. I am definitely glad I read my manual and took the All-In-One back. I think I am leaning towards the Nautilus, now. It is just soooo heavy, but I guess it will mostly stay in my car and won't be moved much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC