If kids could design car seats...

christineka

I've been talking to my 6 year old ds about the possibility of a booster seat. (I just told him it was a car seat- he didn't know it was a booster.) His number one concern is whether the seat has cupholders or not. Asked about the color his initial response was "black". Then when looking at four colors (grey, black, red, and pink) he chose red. When asked if he could choose any color seat he wanted he asked if there were cupholders. I told him "yes". In that case, he says he'd like green. Apparently for a 6 year old boy the most important feature of a car seat is cupholders.

My 4 year old only cares that the seat is pink.

7 year old thinks her vivo is the perfect seat because it is pink, comfy, and her book fits next to her.

9 year old says her pink turbobooster is perfect. She doesn't want one that is too comfy. (Now I don't have to feel guilty for her having the uncomfortable seat.)

ADS

skylinphoto

My 3 year old insists that the perfect seat (since I just asked him) is black with dragons on it. And it has to be safe and 'fit me well'. lol. He's trained well (or..rather he knows what I look for when I pick out his seat..it has to fit him and be safe).

(then he started rattling on with how the buckles are supposed to be on him...what we've taught him for when he's in other people's cars. lol)

mommaon112903

Josef is five years old, and yes cup holders are important to him as well. He was THRILLED when his Monterey came and it had "not one but TWO cup holders momma!!!"

When I asked him what color he wanted he said "pink", my child :love: the color pink. He has a red Monterey now but would also like a green one, he would wear green every day of the week if he could.

Josef would also prefer "wings like I have in Daddy's car"...he likes to rest his head on the head wings of the Monterey.

Joyofbirth

My 4.5 year old says the perfect seat woud be leopard, needs cupholders like the GN, headwings and a footrest.

My 2.5 year old needs a purple baby one with flowers and cupholders and a footrest.

That was a fun conversation. Thanks for starting it.

Kat_Momof3

Jeffrey wants it to look cool... when he chose the Monterey, that meant red.

But now that he's older, unlike when he chose the Monterey over it, he's wanting to use the Olli more because I got it in Zebra print (I okayed it with him first... he didn't get a choice of patterns, though, cause I got it on swap)... and he says Zebra is cooler... but the main reason.. the armrests... they are a little higher and work better for playing video games in the car...

He could care less about cupholders... he just passes the drinks to me or puts them in the cupholder on the vehicle seat bottom when we are stopped and I allow him to bend to do so.

But of course, when we first got the Monterey, all he cared about was that he had not one, but TWO cupholders that worked really well and that he could pull in and out on his own while in the seat.

solmama

My ds would like his carseat to be yellow and black with race cars, and cupholders, of course.

My dd would like a blue seat with race cars and alligators. Umm, yeah. Oh, and little cubbies for all the stuff she collects.

SoccerMom

I didn't ask him, but I'm sure Scotty would sit in anything if it was either:
green & blue
soccer
hockey
transformers

It would also need a cupholder and a place to put toys. He was upset when we got the Nauti because his old CarGo had a bin attached, then I showed him the side cubbies and he was happy.

He said before that he liked the monkey on the Olli and Cars on the Turbo (luckily he understood that he was too small for those seats)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Four-year-old DN's biggest concern is that her seat doesn't look like a baby seat. She sits in Regents, so she is happy.

Three-year-old DN's biggest concerns are that there are pockets (such as those on her Regents) or cubbies (such as those on her Nautilus). She also said she wishes her seats were green (they are all gray and black).

The others are too young to ask. :p

scoutingbear

A, who is 5 and all boy (and has language processing disorder so answering anything not completely concrete is quite difficult) would like:
A rainbow seat with hearts and stop signs :confused: It should also have straps, sit up high (he was in a radian when I asked and his brother next to him was in a MA), and have 2 cupholders

C wants it to be green, red, black, and grey. Whew. I think we have everything but the green covered with his GN and his Babies R Us MA in Platinum

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Macha says it needs to be pretty. I discovered this a while ago when trying to get her to tell me which carseat was more comfy, and I kept getting replies along the lines of "the pink one." :rolleyes: If changed the question to "They're both pink, which one is more comfy," she'd counter with questions about which one had decorations. This led to me embroidering her denim Husky cover with flowers, butterflies, and a unicorn. :D

My boys all agree that the Recaro Start is the best booster seat because it has built-in speakers for their video game players. I'm sure Macha would agree, as long as it was pink and/or decorated.

ginny4

my boys almost 10 & 9yo want the same as the monterey but to change the cover to "star wars" on their boosters. he actually drew a pic of what he wanted on the cover LOL. basically all black then 2 lightsabers (red & green) criss cross each other & the words below that says STAR WARS in yellow just like it is written in the movies

he was all psyched.....my eldest thought that i was actually gonna get that cover made for his seat. he said he'd sit in one fo those FOREVER. LOL

my DD almost 5 yo said pink & flower seat. its what she already has.

my youngest is too lil to care

AtTheSouthDam

Bethany wants it to be pretty. She is not all that impressed with cup holders, she can reach the ones on the van without effort. She wants a booster a seat that is as wide and soft as her regent with the same Madison print. Or the monkey. Another favorite of her's is a booster I saw while surfing Germany's ebay (yeah, I have a problem). It was very colorful, purple, blue, orange, lime green and white. She is still asking for that one.

Ciara wants blue or orange. Otherwise whatever gets her off mommy's lap (not in the car, when looking on the computer!). She doesn't really care.

spryngtree

Four year old:

No crease that is uncomfortable on his butt (apparently the Radian and Nautilus have a crease, frontier and marathon do not)
No red things that he doesn't like on the head wings because they hurt his head. (the frontier and the Nautilus both have these...I think he means the booster seat belt paths)
Different cupholders than the frontier has. (the only different ones he's seen is the nautilus so I guess he liked those)
Red or red and black but he likes his marathon best and that is silver and black, but if it could be red and black or red and silver he'd want that. (and so would I if it would fit him longer...he's almost outgrown it)

So essentially he likes the fit of the marathon, the cupholders of the nautilus, the cover and colors of the frontier. And I personally want the height of a regent and the ease of adjusting the harness straps of a roundabout, and the washability of the denim roundabout cover we have. Hear that car seat manufacturers?

momtoirs

DS, 4 1/2, says something like a Nautilus with armrests, 5 cupholders and 5 cubbies. Actually, he said 102 cupholders and cubbies (apparently 102 is his favorite number these days) and when I asked how he would fit all of them in our car, he reconsidered and came up with 5. Not sure what he's putting in all of them! Oh, and it should be green -- like most everything else in the world.

Tina

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC