Are these safe?

ADS

celtic1885

I would be concerned about the plastic insert. It could break or shatter in an accident and cause injuries. IMO.

I did see some on ebay that were a little bigger, had sides (helps keep stuff contained :thumbsup: and "collapses on inpact"........here's a link.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...britax+travel+trays&_sacat=See-All-Categories

*****NOTE***** I am not advocating the use of these, they are not made by the carseat manufacturer and as such do not know if they have been crash tested.

amyd

I would be concerned about the plastic insert. It could break or shatter in an accident and cause injuries. IMO.

I did see some on ebay that were a little bigger, had sides (helps keep stuff contained :thumbsup: and "collapses on inpact"........here's a link.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...britax+travel+trays&_sacat=See-All-Categories

*****NOTE***** I am not advocating the use of these, they are not made by the carseat manufacturer and as such do not know if they have been crash tested.

I wondered about that too, although the insert is not hard plastic by any means

MomToEliEm

We have the Snack & Play travel tray (the one linked to in the previous post) and it works well for us. It is very soft and we don't have any reservations about using it during our long drives.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The FP one is fine, nothing hard enough to shatter (kind of a thin hard vinyl top, but not 'hard' just 'firmish' for coloring on sorta). Honestly I never tried it RF...and can't find the straps to try it FF! The Precious Planet one that's a newer model is bigger than that Rainforest one, I'm tempted to get it just because, but I think I'd rather get that other one someone linked to because it has a higher lip to keep things from rolling off it.

veggiegirl228

I bought one (well the one that is shaped differently) and ended up returning it. It worked ok and when she started to FF it just didn't work out well for us. What I ended up doing is a travel pillow, it's soft so it won't hurt her.

essnce629

We have the rainforest one and there's definately nothing "hard" about it. The top is a very thin piece of plastic that is actually pretty flexible. You could remove it if you wanted-- it just pops out from under the lip. The whole thing is extremely light since it's filled with foam. We've only used it a few times-- on cross-country flights in an airplane and on our 7 hour road trips to visit the grandparents. We've only used it forward-facing on our FPSV and Frontier, but I don't see why it wouldn't work rear-facing. I like the Precious Planets one better though since it's bigger. The rainforest one can't fit a full size piece of paper and my son likes to color during our trips. He'll just put a coloring book or binder with paper on top of it. It's not that durable though-- one of the straps on ours is already coming loose (unthreading) and we've had it less than a year and have probably used it less than 10 times total.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC