light plastic foot stool

musicmaj

My older kids (8.5 and 7 years old, 54-55lbs) sit in parkways in my van right now. I loved how they fit until recently. Last weekend I was looking at older dd and she looked to be slumping due to the seat depth. She is a skinny girl and can still fit nicely width wise in the seat. Ds is a little bit wider, but shouldn't be falling out of the seat due to the narrowness of the wings. The fit was really bothering me so I decided to try using lightweight plastic footstools for them. The footstools worked nicely. They both are more comfortable now and they look better in the boosters. No more slumping and looking like they could fall out of the thing.

ADS

HEVY

Does this mean we can use a plastic footstool? I was thinking about one from Ikea or the really cheap ones they sell in the supermarkets, the ones with the matching tables.

crunchierthanthou

Does this mean we can use a plastic footstool? I was thinking about one from Ikea or the really cheap ones they sell in the supermarkets, the ones with the matching tables.

I like the ones from IKEA. They have holes on the sides so you can tie them to the seat legs to keep them in place.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I keep meaning to try to attach mine to the car, but honestly if we were in the kind of high speed rollover that it would take to get it to be a projectile hazard, it would be the least of my injury-causation worries :eek:. It's light, it's on the floor, and I just don't worry that it's going to fly around the car randomly and hurt someone. Now, the Funtainers (Stainless steel thermoses larger than a soda can) I let the girls use, I should be scared of THOSE missiles, huh? :rolleyes:

HEVY

Got the Ikea one today and her feet just reach it. DH forgot to leave the twine from his trunk, tommorrow I tie it.

musicmaj

The footstools I bought are very lightweight, and I suppose I could tie them down on the legs. They don't have any holes in them to tie to though. One is pink and the other is blue. lol

kristenbelle

yep, we got the first one too, but DD2 didn't like the fact that it was white and showed dirt so quickly. Fortunately we had the old blue version of the step stool in the bathroom so we just switched that one to the car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC