Different colored harness straps.

HEVY

Is it just me who would like to see harness straps have other colors?
I was looking at the Radian XTs and something bothered me about the harnesses :shrug-shoulders:
So I started thinking about the seatbelt bags and thought it would be nice to have a red or pink, maybe blue, harness straps.
Most likely raise the price of the seat but I'm sure they would sell.
Eh, just a thought.

ADS

disbugsmomma

I would love to see harness straps in coordinating colors! I want orange and lime green (you know, to match the orange or lime green seats that I will probably never own) :whistle:

BW1426

I'd be perfectly thrilled with black, black and more black. I detest dirty looking straps.

ETA: I don't think detest is a strong enough word in this instance. I abhor dirty straps.

emandbri

That would be cool! There have been blue straps in the past, I don't know if any seats made now have blue straps.

I do think the brown radians need tan straps but I'm living with it! lol

zeo2ski

Nope. I don't want em. I have this snugride with green straps and they've always looked dirty or something. I've never liked it and I recently started wondering if it was the straps and fabric that I don't like (I thought I just didn't like infant buckets).

this is funny cause I was thinking about this yesterday too.. how fun colored straps would be neat.

I actually think the black harness on my MA looks weird.. I am keeping watch for a tan or gray one to put on there.. even though tan would probably not match at all with my gray hugs, and babies r us black and silver with red cover. but at least I wouldn't have to have the black straps bugging me... I have no idea why the color bugs me but it does.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd be perfectly thrilled with black, black and more black. I detest dirty looking straps.

ETA: I don't think detest is a strong enough word in this instance. I abhor dirty straps.

Or perhaps you loathe them? :p

I sorta like the old infant seats with light blue and red, though. Chocolate brown would be nice, perhaps, and my girls would use anything with pink (perhaps fuschia? it's darker, lol)
:love:

G8r4evr

I dont necessarily need different colors, but I strongly prefer black straps over any other. Those brownish straps on most of the Britaxes turn me off and we one of the deciding factors in my final convertible decision!

Simplysomething

Or perhaps you loathe them? :p

I sorta like the old infant seats with light blue and red, though. Chocolate brown would be nice, perhaps, and my girls would use anything with pink (perhaps fuschia? it's darker, lol)
:love:

Maybe a darker dark pink, nearly red or burgandy...so still appropriately pink for a pink pink girl, but dark enough to not look scuzzy as quick as light colored straps would.

I think hevy is on to something. lol As bananas as you guys go for the zillion covers, can you imagine if there were more harness cover options than the current...what two/three?

Instead of "does this cover look weird with black/tan/grey straps" it'd be "what goes better with this seat, the pink, lavender or light blue straps?"

Come to think of it, emandbri--the only seats I can recall recently with blue straps have all been infant seats. My older son, his first car-seat had tan straps (it was a cosco infant seat, turnabout or something, i dunno, it was 8 years ago), the second had navy blue straps (graco infant seat), third had a grey harness (it was a graco ohs), then the cargo with the tan straps. Heh. Full circle there. My younger son, it looks like all of his seats have had black straps. Huh.

Also, there is a pic of my oldest son in his graco infant seat, next to my niece..in some other infant seat--her straps are a bright blue.

So, when did the harnesses all become grey/tan/black? lol

This is what happens when you people let me loose upstairs. I talk and talk and talk.

Kat_Momof3

I would like them to coordinate, but they don't have to be anything really creative to do that... some seats look better with gray (like the Mariposa/Rachel Nautilus) and others would look SO much better if they had the tan straps (Miley)

Britax is nice, coordinating as best as they can with pretty basic colors.

Graco did with the ss1 seats, putting gray on the ones with gray shells and coordinating fabrics and tan on the ones with tan shells and coordinating fabrics... but I haven't noticed them trying on any other seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC