Question What would you do?

What would you do?

• Keep the RNXT and use the DC for DS?

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Return the RNXT and wait for new innovations?

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jujumum

I've just posted pics with my DD in her new Radian XT:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=81292

The XT is an awesome seat - it is so sturdy and my DD fell in love with it immediately. She loves the way she fits in it and and how easy it is for her to get in. She even looks like a 'big girl' in it. But, I'm not sure whether to keep it.

Here is a pic - the harness isn't buckled, the chest clip isn't in the right spot, and the harness looks too low but it is exactly at her shoulder. Her hair is pulled back to show how much growing room she has.

Copyofseats004.jpg

I have 2 little ones in car seats - their details are in my siggy. DD has quite a bit of room in her DC, but have aquired a bit of car seat lust from this forum and just had to buy the new Malibu RNXT. The reasoning was that it would be better than flying with the DC and a RA this summer and that it might offer a little more harness height over the DC/BV and last long enough till she could be in a HBB. However, my DD has about 2" to 2 1/2" of harness height left in the DC/BV, so this isn't a bridge that I really need to cross right now. Over the next year the My Ride will come out, which could potentially allow me to return her rf and then pass it on to DS. Or, the Frontier may come out in girly girl covers. Or, who knows? What do you think? :)

ADS

Pixels

You need one of each. :whistle:

The Radian will be great to travel with. I have the backpack straps, and have carried it, a full diaper bag, my DD, plus holding the dog's leash, all at once, down the 33 steps from my door to my car. No way I could have done all that with any other carseat.

Of course you'll need the MyRide to RF her again, and then pass it on to DS2 to keep him RFing. And if they come out with a Frontier cover you like, then DD2 will need that for extra harness height and then boostering. ;)

Of course, if you're going to get a Frontier or Nauti or (whatever else is out by then), the extra inch or two of harnessing that the Radian gives won't really matter.

skylinphoto

With her pink shirt, she blends in so well it appears that she is one with the seat. You must keep it.:whistle:

(btw, she is freaking GORGEOUS!!!)

emandbri

I think you should keep it. Even though they measure about the same I bet she will fit longer in the radian.

When I measure the readian and MA I get 17 for both BUT Benjamin got too tall for the MA in Jan and has plenty of room in the radian. It is isn't an XT but the XT doesn't loose that much height.

here is a picture of him in this thread.

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=787003&postcount=9

jujumum

I think you should keep it. Even though they measure about the same I bet she will fit longer in the radian.

When I measure the readian and MA I get 17 for both BUT Benjamin got too tall for the MA in Jan and has plenty of room in the radian. It is isn't an XT but the XT doesn't loose that much height.

here is a picture of him in this thread.

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=787003&postcount=9

Your posts have been part of the inspiration behind me getting a RN! :D Is your DS in a new 80? Does it have the same metal reinforcements as the XT, just no headwings? I was debating between the XT and an 80 Princess.

emandbri

Your posts have been part of the inspiration behind me getting a RN! :D Is your DS in a new 80? Does it have the same metal reinforcements as the XT, just no headwings? I was debating between the XT and an 80 Princess.

I'm not ignoring you, I just wasn't sure what reinforcements you meant and was hoping someone else would answer0. :eek:

I know I'm a bad car seat nerd but I didn't have time to look at the seats carefully to see the differences. :p

I really do like the XT and if it came in tan I would have gotten one.

Oh and I have one 65 and one 80 they both just have 80 covers.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC