best MA cover for warm weather?

Irishmama

Last weekend DD2 got sick in her car seat and it got me thinking about a spare cover for her MA ;) If I get a spare I was thinking of one that might be good for warmer weather. We have an Ashley Floral and I would think it might be toasty this summer. My guess is that the denim cover would be the best for warm weather. Any suggestions? Thanks!

ADS

mom2juliarose

We live in So Cal so we get plenty of sun in our non-tinted-window cars! We had an Ashley Floral but I thought it got too dirty too easily. Now we have the denim cover and I love it... although we've had it for maybe 2 years now and it's pretty faded.

Irishmama

I've seen some faded ones on craigslist and I like the way they look! Like a favorite pair of jeans. So far our Ashley Floral holding up as far as looking dirty, I was just wondering if it'll be too hot. I've never had a MA before, lol.

ZephyrBlue

Loved our denim RA cover for the desert New Mexico summers. It did fade badly, but I didn't mind the way it looked at all. And it wore like iron! Lots of washing, and it held up wonderfully until the seat expired (I didn't have a spare cover at that time)

emars002

we have a dragonfly and a trellis for summer - we used to have denim and the navy blue with little puupies on it on the RA and those were great too:)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I have a denim for DD because she had serious eczema triggers to anything non-cotton at the time :thumbsdown: I seem to remember a discussion a while back that the new-er denim covers (mine's DOM early 2006, I believe) aren't 100% cotton anymore. Which just means I can never sell my cover, no matter how little I use the MA.

Mine's not faded at all, but I think I'd kind of like it if it was (when it was in daily use it was installed in the middle of my CR-V which has very dark windows). Maybe I should hang it on the line for a while and see what I get...

Irishmama

So are the plush covers ok in the summer? I guess if the new denim covers aren't 100% cotton it won't matter much which one I get...:confused:

celtic1885

:happy-wavehello: Texas mom here - we have the plush covers and my girls seem ok in the summer with the heat. course we do have a/c in the cars and my Expedition has rear a/c as well so not sure if that makes a difference.

daniele_ut

Both of our MA covers (Cowmoo and University of Auburn) are plush and we never had problems with sweating or overheating in them and we have a sedan, so we don't have rear AC vents.

R&J'sMom

We're in AZ and it gets super hot in the summer. We've had no problems with our cowmoo MA covers. We do have rear A/C (a must IMO).

Irishmama

Yahoo! Thanks to all the "hot" mamas for their input! :thumbsup: Maybe I'll see if I can find a Cowmoo on craigslist or ebay in good condition. :D

Splash

The nylon ones aren't that bad... Onyx, Platinum, Speedway. I had an Onyx BV and Brownstone BV, and even in the car wtih rear air (vents in the ceiling, pointed directly at him) versus NO rear air, he sweat less in my car (no rear air) in the Onyx than he did in the van in the Brownstone.

Soooo... I got a denim for my MA. The old denim, which is 100% cotton.

Splash

Good luck! The only way I got mine was because the owner of the seat was in a crash and the kid was so close to outgrowing the MA there was no point in getting another. I traded a seat for a MA just because I knew I could have that cover!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC