How old do you think this seat is?

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
My cousin posted this pic of her little dd on facebook and I'd like to figure out exactly how old this seat is before I talk to her about it...

{photo removed until permission confirmed}

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

skylinphoto

I don't know ..but do you have permission to post that picture?
If not, I'd blur out the child's face.

((at least she's got the chest clip in the right spot!!!! lol))

canadiangie

Evenflo Medallion I believe.. or one of it's clones. Not sure when made last, but I'm 99.9% sure it's expired by now.

Pixels

What strikes me as particularly odd is that it appears to be a 3-point harness. I'm pretty sure 3-point harnesses haven't been allowed FFing for a long, long time, but I see an airbag warning label, and those are relatively new (10ish years?).

I wish that label on the cover was clearer, so we could read it. I didn't see any seats in the pictorial with a label there.

Andie

What strikes me as particularly odd is that it appears to be a 3-point harness. I'm pretty sure 3-point harnesses haven't been allowed FFing for a long, long time, but I see an airbag warning label, and those are relatively new (10ish years?).

I wish that label on the cover was clearer, so we could read it. I didn't see any seats in the pictorial with a label there.

It might be a OHS with the shield removed. I see that from time to time.

canadiangie

Holy crap! That is a 3 point harness, you can see how the harness overlaps at the crotch... which means it's actually an OHS with the shield taken off.

OP, be sure to tell her about the $39 Scenera ASAP!

ETA: I see it's not top tethered, but is it even buckled?! (hard to tell from the pic, but you'd think we'd see some seatbelt coming down from the ff belt path, no?)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yep, looks like a OHS Medallion with the shield removed.

At least mom is trying--the straps are nice and tight, and the chest clip is properly placed. It's either not installed at all, or the belt is through the RF belt path, but it really looks like it's uninstalled :eek: Hopefully mom will be receptive!!

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
That little tag looks like the "comfort touch" label on a lot of Evenflo seats. And I do agree that it is an older OHS with the shield removed.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
You can just see at the bottom the seat belt buckle Is buckled..so the belt has to be going through the RFing beltpath.
but i agree..it does look like she cares somewhat, tight harness, good chestclip and all.
Good luck.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
You can just see at the bottom the seat belt buckle Is buckled..so the belt has to be going through the RFing beltpath.
but i agree..it does look like she cares somewhat, tight harness, good chestclip and all.
Good luck.

You're right, I thought I was seeing the outboard and middle seat female buckles. But, that has to be one LOOSE install since the belt is laying flat on the seat and not angling up into the RF beltpath.

ETA: it also looks like a heavy duty (ie lap belt) latchplate

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC