Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Clek Oobr new release date...August!

I was just reading Clek's Facebook page and noticed they had commented on a fans post about his daughter....here's a cut and paste......

Clek at 11:42am April 23

That's understandable - Julius the monkey wins the hearts of many of our "customers"! If she's not quite ready for olli, our first fullback booster, oobr, hits stores in August and might be a good fit - depending on her height and weight (at least 38" and 33 lbs.). It also converts to a backless booster, growing with her not only in size but also design taste - pink is probably somewhere in your future!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Re: Clek Oobr new release date...August!

Here's the link if anyone wants to read it for themselves.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

It is a shame it gets getting pushed back. I still wish they would up the weight limit to 40 lbs.

On the facebook page it has tori spelling buying one, how old is her oldest?

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

Quote Originally Posted by emandbri View Post
    It is a shame it gets getting pushed back. I still wish they would up the weight limit to 40 lbs.

On the facebook page it has tori spelling buying one, how old is her oldest?
    I found this by Googling:

Tori and Dean have two children.

* Liam Aaron McDermott: Born in March 2007 at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, California.
    * Stella Doreen McDermott: Born in June 2008 in Los Angeles, California.

Dean has two children from his previous marriage to Mary Jo Eustace.

* Jack Montgomery McDermott: Born in October, 1998. Some reports are showing his birth month as November.
    * Lola McDermott: Born in July 2005.

So who knows which child she may be buying it for. I just hope its not intended for the just turned 2 yr old! Even her step daughter is only going to be 4 this summer.
    Mary
    Mom to Aimee 25, Heather 16, & Laura 14

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monzogary View Post
    Dean has two children from his previous marriage to Mary Jo Eustace.

* Jack Montgomery McDermott: Born in October, 1998. Some reports are showing his birth month as November.
    * Lola McDermott: Born in July 2005.

So who knows which child she may be buying it for. I just hope its not intended for the just turned 2 yr old! Even her step daughter is only going to be 4 this summer.
    I'm pretty sure that Lola was adopted by Mary Jo just before she and Dean broke up, and she isn't really Dean's child. (Er, not that I'm up on celebrity baby gossip or anything. ) And I seriously doubt that they still have the 10YO in a booster, considering that they turned the younger son FF at less than a year old. I'm sure that it's for the younger boy.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

I'm reasonably certain the celebs were given those Olli boosters as swag at a press event. Let's just hope Tori holds onto it for a few years before she uses it!
    Daniele
    dd1 born/died 4/30/03
    ds1 11yo and 5 stepping it
    dd2 8yo and riding in a Parkway SGL
    ds2 4yo and riding in a Frontier CT and a Tranzitions

Hi, we are stating August because not every store will get their shipment in July.
    Thanks
    Clek

I am not ready for my dd in a booster. I am not ready for my dd in a booster. I am not ready for my dd in a booster. (But darn it, I want an Oobr sooooooooo badly!!!)

Link to the FB page, please? I searched & didn't find it.

ETA: Nevermind, I found it. I was searching for Oobr not Clek.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by daniele_ut View Post
    I'm reasonably certain the celebs were given those Olli boosters as swag at a press event. Let's just hope Tori holds onto it for a few years before she uses it!
    When I first saw that picture of Tori on that site, her son was an infant still. I'm sure it was a giveaway and she just accepted it.

I'm actually ok with it being a 30lb weight limit - but I hope there is some wording about age/maturity in the manual.

There are lots of 5/6 year olds who are not 40lbs... and who can sit properly in a booster, who are perfectly safe in a booster... (my son... who will be 6 in June is 36lbs...but he fits fine in a highback and is mature enough to use it).

Now - backless boosters are another story - of course those should start at 40lbs... but again, there should be more wording in manuals and no boxes to give some references to maturity. (even if it's just age... wish they would put 4 years and at least 30lbs...)
    Kate - Mom to 2 boys! - CPST

It's off! Yipee!

Carseat Crazy Thanksgiving_Twins_Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capeKO71 View Post
    I'm actually ok with it being a 30lb weight limit - but I hope there is some wording about age/maturity in the manual.
    , DD2 didn't hit 40 lbs. until she was over 6YO and at 7 is still only a few lbs over 40, so I think "30 with an age/maturity guideline" is more appropriate than a plain 40 lb. minimum.
    Elaine
    Mom to Lydia & Deborah (both 5-stepped and almost as tall as mom) 15YO
    and comfy chair to Lily Cat (no car seats but will use a kitty harness for walks)