05 hyundai elantra

ovlmommy

Well, I may be able to get a hyundai elantra soon. I have a 95 altima now. I looked on informedforlife and it rated OK..but not so good by IIHS. I don't know how my current car scores though since it's pretty old. Good thing is the elantra has latch and not insanely long buckle stalks like my altima :p But I still feel kind of wary since it rated so low..I'm considering buying a BLVD for the extra head protection since it didnt do great in side impact. I really think I'm over worrying and analyzing this. What do you think? Thanks!

ADS

Pixels

Does it have actual ratings by NHTSA and IIHS? If not, IFL uses "average" and that messes the ratings up.

Only one child, RFing, center? I wouldn't buy a new seat just to get the headwings. Even with poor side impact ratings.

Newer car almost always is safer than a significantly older car. Technology changes and improves.

ovlmommy

Yes, it says IIHS tested for front and side..there are no astericks near the rear one though it says it rated poor? It rated good for front..poor for side. NHTSA gave 4 stars everywhere..except 5 stars for front driver and side driver. I'm just worried bc the sides of the marathon seem quite hard compared to some seats and I like the way the BLVD seems to surround the head more, I don't know if it really makes a difference tho :confused:

And yes, just one child RFing center :)

Heather98012

I drive a 05 Hyundai Tucson, my mom drives a 04 Santa Fe, my dad a 04 XG350, my grandma a 04 Elantra. Obviously, I have no worries about them. I think it's perfectly safe...esp. if you have your LO in the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC