Phil & Ted's questions

melniemi

I just found a P&T on craiglist close to where family could pick it up for me.

How long can you use the extra seat? Is it something I could stick a 2 yo in or does it have an age limit?

I'm thinking P & T might be nice because then I'd still have a super nice stroller when dd2 doesn't ride much, rather than spending that much on a double - though I might be able to use a double for 3 more years, I don't know?

Would you get a P & T for kids 2.5 years apart or does it make more sense to just get a BJCMD or such?

Thanks

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I would but then I love the P&T's :love:

At playgroup the other day a lady had one with her 4yr old in the bottom seat and her 2yr old in the front/main seat.

On the P&T's site it says newborn to 5yrs, main seat to 55lbs, double kit front load 44lbs, double kit rear load 33lbs.

I would so love one of these strollers yet I really don't have use for it. On a side note my onestep ahead chair arrived. Are you going to get another one?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
On the P&T's site it says newborn to 5yrs, main seat to 55lbs, double kit front load 44lbs, double kit rear load 33lbs.

I would so love one of these strollers yet I really don't have use for it. On a side note my onestep ahead chair arrived. Are you going to get another one

melniemi

Thanks Jewels! I'm glad you got your chair!! I love mine. I might get another - we'll see how long lil boy likes the reg high chair that I'm taking back from the in-laws. If he really wants to sit at the table, I'll get another one:love:

Does it have air tires? and fold small? I'm really trying to find this info online but apparently I stink at search:eek:

I'm confused how you use the toddler seat on the top? Do you put baby in through the back or something?

Thanks!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yep, air tires. I think it has a fairly small fold. Here is the fold, click on the number bar to watch the fold. I didn't try to put a baby in with the toddler seat on top so I'm not sure.

Jen (CDNTech) had one that I used and she fit it and her double BJ in the back of her van.

melniemi

Thanks - for some reason the fold thing wouldn't come up on the sport one - which is the stroller I'm looking at.

Would you pay $300 for an 08 w/doubles kit? I emailed asking for pics.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Thanks - for some reason the fold thing wouldn't come up on the sport one - which is the stroller I'm looking at.

Would you pay $300 for an 08 w/doubles kit? I emailed asking for pics.

Not sure what they go for in the US but I thought in Canada that they were more like $600 + tax new so likely closer to $700 so if they are about the same price new in the US then yes I would go for it.

melniemi

I think it has a carseat adapter that works with the keyfit too - if I'm reading it right. That would be perfect. Now I'm just hoping it's still there:( I wish they had listed a phone number.

ZephyrBlue

If your kiddo who will be riding in the rear seat is well below 33lbs, I'd absolutely pay $300. The rear seat is designed for the "baby" and the front seat is more for the older child, but I never liked putting my older baby/young toddler in the rear seat. That's the only reason I sold mine. Oh, and the tires kept getting thorns in them and going flat so I was spending a lot of $$$ getting new tubes and goop put in the tires. But the rear seat/front seat/older child/younger child was a bigger issue for us.

melniemi

My 2 yo is 25#s so she'd probably use the back seat for awhile and I'd have baby up front in the carseat w/adapter. When baby is a little older, they'll switch.

autumnlily

I will upload some photo's...

The main seat of the stroller folds flat and sways beautifully with baby in it - never heard a wimper from my twins (they rode in the seat together for 2 months) and my toddler sat in the "doubles seat" when it was attached in the upper position (not basket).

It was very easy to load the babies - either do it first and then snap the extra seat on or load them from the back.

All three of my kids fit comfortably in the stroller seats attached in any position. My 3.5 year old loves the bottom seat - but, in reality the heavier kid should ride in the main upper seat. As long as two kids are in the stroller -we have not had a tipping backwards issue... however, it has felt tippy when she is playing in the back seat and I don't have one of her sisters in the stroller yet. It's not a full tip... just a little worrisome.

autumnlily

Pics in an hour or less :p

Having virtually a single stroller is perfect for your age group of little ones!

That being said, I'm selling mine on CL - only because one of my twins has physical limitations and I'm having guilt issues with having one twin always on top and one on bottom. Although, they love it... it's a mommy thing. My 3.5 year old is going to be royally mad!

melniemi

I was looking at the Sport but found an awesome deal on the classic - or at least is seems awesome:eek:

So classic vs sport??

And when you push it, do your knees hit the toddler seat?

lovinwaves

And when you push it, do your knees hit the toddler seat?

I didn't like how it steered, plus if I did anything other than a slow walk, my knees hit the toddler seat. Then, I had it in my mind that I was certainly going it hit with my knee everytime I walked, so I found myself leaning over the stroller...yeah, horrible for my back :(

MySillyKids

When i started my double stroller journey, i pushed about every stroller i could find.

Double valco, MBUD, P&T, all had their downs. Mostly price.

The quality on the P&T was lacking for the price, the Valco and MBUD were too heavy.

Then i found the BJCMD. The price was right, the fold is amazing, the stroller was lightweight. blah blah blah.

The customer service for the bj is amazing too! :love:

canadiangie

No, neither myself (5'4") or Dh (6'2") hit the add-on seat when we walk.

My 3y/o prefers the backseat and has a fit if I make her ride in the front. :rolleyes: She likes to use the rear seat as a jump seat... in and out and she pleases.. walking most of the time, jumping in when she's tired or bored.

The e3 is the only stroller I've kept over the years. It will stay with me until I no longer have a rider. I like it that much. (and I've had a *few* strollers ;))

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't think the BJCMD falls into the same category as an alterrain stroller. If someone is okay with plastic wheels then the BJCMD is fine (for the mall IMO), but the P&T is certainly more for outdoor use, or I suppose more of a do-all stroller (mall, outside, etc). I personally, would never use a BJCMD outside. It's too "cute" for that.

melniemi

That's the big downside to where I live. There is NOTHING here. Well, whatever you can find at walmart - though my local one doesn't stock much.

So I can't try before I buy.:(

MySillyKids

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't think the BJCMD falls into the same category as an alterrain stroller. If someone is okay with plastic wheels then the BJCMD is fine (for the mall IMO), but the P&T is certainly more for outdoor use, or I suppose more of a do-all stroller (mall, outside, etc). I personally, would never use a BJCMD outside. It's too "cute" for that.

its too cute to be used outside? Wait, what?!

I push the thing everywhere. It has gone to the park, pushed all over grass, rocks, sand, NO issue at all. i may have to work a wee bit harder pushing over those surfaces, but thats not an every day thing. I'm sure 95% of us who have one, use it all the time, and ANYWHERE we go. Its not too 'cute' for anything. Its a stroller. I use it as a stroller ANYWHERE we go.

I bought the BJCMD sight unseen, as i'm sure many of us have. Hey, if lovinwaves --miss-stroller-turn-around-seller-- is keeping hers, thats HUGE :cool:

I love the bjcmd so much i got a single also.

I've always had the graco strollers, so when i splurged on a stroller i made sure it was the one i wanted, was light weight, would last US a long time. We've had it for 15 months, with minimal issues (and the only issue being the fraying. that was fixed with out an issue!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC