Vent Wal-Mart calls the Nautilus a newborn seat

P1ally

I'm so annoyed.. Idk if anyone has already brought this up but if you look at the Daisy Nautilus page on walmart's website, under age range, it says "Newborn and up." Wth? I've emailed them 3 times in 2 days, and obviously haven't gotten a response.. I even wrote a comment about it, and it was removed after a few hours. Again, wth?

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I've seen people on a few other boards seeing the Nautilus being recommended so much that they went out and bought it for their "outgrowing the infant seat" baby... only to realize LATER that it didn't go rear-facing (or only to read it on another post and say "Oh! I didn't realize it was FF only! :rolleyes:) The INFANT insert and the recline (I know seats *can* recline FFing, but it confuses the lay parent).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ugh, happens at BRU all the time, I have to physically block people from the combo booster displays and push them back to the convertibles (ok, I never actually touch a customer :D). Even if they don't plan to RF, convertibles are way more comfy and what if they run into a tech who convinces them to RF? Then they HAVE the seat for it!

Annnyway...newborn? What is walmart's webmaster thinking????

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did you contact Graco? Maybe they should send out a memo to their retailers. :rolleyes:

I think it's that it's marketed as a "3-in-1" that confuses a lot of people. You know, people who don't read...

christineka

My walmart has the seat displayed in the convertible section- right inbetween the safety first 3 in 1 and the cosco 3 in 1. I emailed my own store and nothing has changed. I also emailed graco who didn't bother responding back to me. I'm pretty certain it is the nautilus' 3 in 1 label that gets it in the wrong category.

P1ally

Just to update, someone from the web department at Walmart.com actually called me, apologized, and told me they had fixed the page.. (I probably scared them when I told them children could die because of their error :eek:)

But yeah, all is well.. I was really impressed that they actually apologized..:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC