New Malibu Radian XT!!

jujumum

What a beautiful seat!! I'm having some install issues (posted on the Install page), so it might not stay with me for long.:( I bought it for DH's car to replace our DC and for air travel this summer. I thought that it might offer more growing room than the DC and BV, but I'm not so sure. DD is a hair under the second highest slots in the XT and I measure the highest at exactly 17". She is the same in the DC & FPSVD. She doesn't have as much space above her head in the XT as I thought she would.

Picture005.jpg

Here it is compared to a BV:
Picture003.jpg

Growth in FPSVD:
IPhone148.jpg

Leg room (not installed at this point)
Picture012.jpg

:)

Last edited:
ADS

Mama Jo

I really really *need* one!!

They are so much cuter in real pics than they are on the internet pics!!

Did I mention I need one??? Cuz I do... Really badly.

((Thanks for sharing the pics!!))

ETA: In looking at the pics again... I can't believe how little room it actually takes up! I've never actually seen one IRL... But the BV takes up sooooo much more space in every single direction... and yet, the shell of the Radian is still taller behind her head. The seat sits so much lower... Ok, to those of you who own them, this is probably nothing new, but to me, it's... Amazing. I might need more than one...

romanoma

Yeah, really a nice seat. Makes me wish I had gotten the malibu instead of the nassau, but I don't know if DS would have ridden in the malibu :)

I can't wait until my nassau gets here!!

To me the shell difference looks significant (I guess that depends on your definition of significant though).

Mama Jo

To me the shell difference looks significant (I guess that depends on your definition of significant though).

I would say hugely significant. I knew it was taller but I guess I never really looked at any comparison pics. DS is in a BLVD now... too bad he probably wouldn't appreciate the Malibu Radian... I still need one though. lol

hboo22

Ohhh, I want one(actually 2)!! I too had never really paid attention to how little space they took. And that pattern is just too cute! how much are they??? Dh would be sooo mad if I got them..........

romanoma

Just thought I'd point out, when you measure the height they have left in the blvd, you need to look at the top of the shell, not the top of the head wings (in the pic, the shell is lower than the head wings, and looks to actually be below the top of her head). The radian has a few inches above her head, so that is a pretty big difference.

Perhaps you already know that, but others may not...

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
That is such a pretty seat! I know seats look different in real-life, but that one really is so much prettier than even the stock photos make it seem. Thanks for sharing!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The RN's often sit different in the vehicle which often gives children extra height room.

I didn't see your other post but did you drop down the FF recline foot? I have found that doing that along with twisting the buckle stalk up to 2-3x's and tightening the seatbelt by pulling it through the velcro slit on the seat closest to the latchplate is how I can get mine in the tightest.

jujumum

Just thought I'd point out, when you measure the height they have left in the blvd, you need to look at the top of the shell, not the top of the head wings (in the pic, the shell is lower than the head wings, and looks to actually be below the top of her head). The radian has a few inches above her head, so that is a pretty big difference.

Perhaps you already know that, but others may not...

It's so hard to measure the BV. It doesn't look like it in the pic, but she has about 1 inch above her head in the FPSVD & DC. With the BV pushing her head forward with the headwings, it looks like her head is above the shell.:confused:

jujumum

The seat is really, really nice. But, I really don't 'need' the XT right now - I really 'wanted' it, but 'need' is another story.;)

I think it might be too heavy for us to fly with this summer and DD will likely fit in the BV & DC for another year. I'll need to figure out if I should return it and hold off for new innovations in seats to come out over the next year or keep it. I bought the $5 return insurance, so there is no loss in returning it. Hmm... perhaps a poll is in order....

Ohhh, I want one(actually 2)!! I too had never really paid attention to how little space they took. And that pattern is just too cute! how much are they??? Dh would be sooo mad if I got them..........

I think the only price out there right now is $279. I couldn't find it any cheaper.:thumbsup:

J-max

CPST Instructor
I really really *need* one!!

They are so much cuter in real pics than they are on the internet pics!!

Did I mention I need one??? Cuz I do... Really badly.

((Thanks for sharing the pics!!))

ETA: In looking at the pics again... I can't believe how little room it actually takes up! I've never actually seen one IRL... But the BV takes up sooooo much more space in every single direction... and yet, the shell of the Radian is still taller behind her head. The seat sits so much lower... Ok, to those of you who own them, this is probably nothing new, but to me, it's... Amazing. I might need more than one...
That is exactly what I was thinking :). With one of those in my middle row, instead of the BLVD, then I could prob see out the back window!

jujumum

The BV pic is a bit misleading, so I took some more.

DD has about 2" or so above her head in the BV & DC if she lays back.
seats006.jpg

DC side shot.
seats015.jpg

The RNXT looks like it has at least twice the height, perhaps more (DD ran out of patience with me so I wasn't able to measure.)
seats014a.jpg

Last edited:

ZephyrBlue

Oh, it's gorgeous! I wish I could talk my 6yo into that and have her give up the Frontier. I just showed her your pic and she said, "It's pretty, but I love my Red Rock seat" :rolleyes:

Hope you can get the install figured out- we got our XT yesterday for DS and I am seriously in love with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC