Where do you get your carseats?

frugalmom

Seems like everyone has a lot of seats on here. Or different seats maybe?

Where do you get your seats? Do techs get good deals on them?

Have you found great deals on seats?

I am regretting that 10 months ago I could have gotten a TF for 99 bucks shipped and I didn't buy it.

I am regretting that I only bought 2 BVs when I got them for 150 shipped.
I should have gotten more or some different seats too.

And I am kinda wishing I would have kept some Marathons that I got for 75 percent off at Target. Or the Roundabouts that I got for 45 at Sears.

ADS

christineka

I'm not a tech, so no discounts. I have 5 kids, awaiting the sixth, so I think I have every right to have a lot of car seats.

I have 5 car seats, 3 boosters. (One spare car seat and One spare booster.)

I bought my car seats:
at walmart
at kmart
at target
from a c-s.org member
from safe kids (the seat to start the mania)
free from survey points

myliljunebugs

I bought all of mine at albeebaby except the turbobooster and the EFTA. Oh, and the PW I got on discount at a baby shop because it had been sitting there for 2 years (not used shop, boutique)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I watch the Shopping and Deals forum. Deals posted tehre and Swap are where I got my last few.

NannyMom

I have a million seats for a couple reasons. My daughter has a carseat in 4 cars (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa). She also keeps outgrowing seats by height for rear facing. I'm not ready to turn her forward facing, so I buy bigger seats. I also like to have a back up seat that can easily be put in someone else's car, or to take an extra child if I need to. I also nanny for 3 children, so they all need seats too.

I too regret not buying the $99 True Fit. Especially since I just bought one a couple weeks ago. But at the time, I didn't see a need for one. Silly me. I also regret not buying the clearance Marathon I saw at Target, but at the time I thought there must have been something wrong with it for it to be clearanced so low. Silly me again.

The best thing to do when you need a new seat is hunt for a good price online. That's what I did with my new True Fit. It was only $156.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've bought most of mine like anyone else. I got two seats as a result of an accident (insurance replaced one, gave us $300 for our "injuries" which bought the second). I got a second Radian from SKJP when I asked about upgrades for my old one. Otherwise I bought two Advantages, one Radian, one Parkway (on sale), one RSTV, one Nautilus, two Cosco High Rises, plus I bought a slew of expired seats off of CL to use as presentation aids. Or people donated them to me.

Let me see, I got the Advantages on ebay. Radian I got at a store in Asheboro, NC. The Wizards I got from babyuniverse.com. Nautilus was Target. High Rises were Target.

I've got only four seats here with me now (Nautilus, Parkway, Radian, RSTV), and other than the High Rises everything back at home is expired and likely won't be moving (though they may since they have carseat recycling here).

Wendy

romanoma

I have bought seats at BRU (before I knew better - they are often more expensive), amazon, walmart, Burlington coat factory and hip monkey.

If you can find a coupon that is what I try to do. Some sites don't have any though.

Last edited:

jujumum

I've bought the following over the past couple of years, all were closeouts at really good prices:

Roundabout - Babylove.com
Roundabout - Babyage.com
Decathlon - Babylove.com
FPSVD - Albeebaby.com
2 Boulevards - Albeebaby.com

And these that were returned (the Marathon & Nautilus were great deals, but the other two at regular price):

Marathon - Amazon.com
True Fit - Babylove in store
Nautilus - Babies R Us in store
Radian XT - Elitecarseats.com (not sure on returning this yet, but likely)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Where haven't I bought carseats from would probably be an easier question to answer, lol. I haven't utilized a tech discount so far. I purchased most of our carseats online, with a few exceptions, such as when I bought our first Regent three years ago from a brick and mortar carseat boutique store, one of the only stores to carry Regents at the time anywhere near my area, or when I needed to quickly replace a crashed Marathon (covered by our car insurance) and picked one up from BRU. It has been a while since I actually bought a carseat and probably a record for me. The last seat I bought was a a clearanced Graco Air booster from Meijer around 8 months ago.

Pixels

BabyTrend I got at Target, paid full price.
The now-crashed Radian was a Christmas gift from my parents from Amazon.
The ComfortSport was free from the health insurance company when DD was born. They send it out after the child is added to the insurance, which is after they're born, so we didn't get it until she was 2 months old.
The next two seats will probably be direct from the manufacturer, utilizing the tech discount.

AFAIK, only two manufacturers offer a tech discount at all, and one of them doesn't do it all the time for all their seats.

Spam

I've bought
SS1- baby depot w/ a coupon
2-TrueFits- Target Clearance $49 and $99 :)
1- Boulevard- swap
1- Como- woot steal
1- BabyTrend- friend

Always shop around and look for deals and coupons.

emandbri

The seats I have now

1 radian from dmartstores.com
one tech one from sunshine kids
monterey from hipmonkey
marathon from albee baby
marathon from britax to replace decathlon that I got at BRU
turbo from target
prospect from wal-mart
parkway I think from USA baby but might have been online

and one star riser that I ordered online but have no idea where.
I honestly have no idea where the right fit came from.

disbugsmomma

Let's see, I'll try to list them all.

Snugride- Target (was a gift)
AO was my little sisters, don't know where mom bought it
Scenera- Wal Mart
all 3 FPSVD's- albeebaby.com
Apex- Big Lots
Como- woot.com

AtTheSouthDam

Going backwards through car seat purchases.

Radian XT- elitecarseats.com, full price
Como-albeebaby.com, on sale
Regent-hipmonkey.com, 10% off
Marathon- target, on sale
Eddie Bauer Combo seat (I didn't know better then and needed something with higher slots than the comfortsport) albeebaby.com, on sale
snugride22-albeebaby.com
comfort sport- target, full price

As a nanny I bought them all from Target or Babies R Us but that was nearly 10 years ago.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I got our TF on clearance at Target for $125, which was a fabulous deal considering they are $199 here.

I got a Marathon from Target during the fluke sale for $60 shipped.

I got our Regent from Craigslist, NIB, from someone who had bought it, tried to get a Madison cover for it, and ended up buying a whole new seat instead. I paid $175, they are $309 here.

I bought DD2's infant seat from Amazon on a one-day sale for $60, normally $159.

I bought our EFTA from Target for full price. I think that's the only seat I have bought recently for full price.

I have gotten a few from here or other trusted people ;)

christineka

Wow, that is a great idea. What survey site did you use? I should do that.

It's a panel thing really and only half online. It's ac nielson homescan panel. You scan your shopping purchases and send the data via telephone. The also have surveys on their website for points. To apply for membership you can go here
http://www.homescansignup.com/homescan/index.html?id=134/&afid=&refid=

I got two turboboosters from homescan at a time when my kids were using combo seats as boosters because we couldn't afford to buy a dedicated booster. They no longer have the turbos, but instead the graco nautilus.

Another website is mypoints.com You click on ads to get points. When you get enough points you can cash them in for gift cards to places like walmart or target. I bought another turbobooster with gift cards from target. We went many years without having much in the way of funds for car seats, so it has been a blessing to be able to get the next seat for free. (Although, the third kid in a turbobooster ended up being reharnessed after saving money.)

MustangMama

I get mine a little bit of everywhere.

The Apexs' came from Big Lots. I had a 20% off coupon which made them $65ish a piece.

I found her Nautilus on Amazon.com for $129 shipped.

I bought her Graco TB @ Wal-Mart because it was the only place that carried the pattern I liked. It was full price at $49.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC