Como, Blvd, TF side by side (pic heavy)

Spam

Well boredom can lead to a lot of things, today it was playing around with carseats. :D And my model DS 9 months 31.5" 25lbs fwiw I measured the inside of each and get Blvd:22" Como:23" TF:25"
Side by Side
carseat2009-04-21.jpg

Without padding
carseat2009-04-21_1.jpg

Naked :eek:
carseat2009-04-21_2.jpg

DS in Como
carseat2009-04-21_4.jpg
carseat2009-04-21_5.jpg

DS in BLVD
carseat2009-04-21_8.jpg
carseat2009-04-21_10.jpg

DS in TF
carseat2009-04-21_11.jpg
carseat2009-04-21_15.jpg

Como in car 2004 grand prix gtp (not installed completely, just buckled. It wouldn't install for me today in that position w/ latch or buckle, so I gave up)
carseat2009-04-22_1.jpg

Blvd in car
carseat2009-04-22_10.jpg

TF in car
carseat2009-04-22_7.jpg

And 3 across for fun. They all fit. Blvd w/ latch como & tf w/ buckle. Wouldn't really work in an everyday real life and the tf was very tight against the door. But for fun they did fit.
carseat2009-04-22_11.jpg
carseat2009-04-22_12.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow. Those are amazing. The Boulevard looks so narrow on the interior, but look at how little leg room the Como has!! And the True Fit looks awesome naked. So much foam.

Wendy

Man my kid is puny. He's 18 months and 32" at 24lbs.

Nice pics. I need to get around and take car seat pics of my own. What's funny is I have that exact Como and nearly identical Blvd (also black and grey).

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Is it just me or does it seem like the TF has lots more shell above his head in those pics? Do the top harness heights match up to that?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It does have the tallest shell. My 6.75 year old fits in it by height for rear facing still. She'd be too squished in the shoulders in the Como, and she outgrew the Boulevard over a year ago, probably closer to two years ago, by rear facing height.

Wendy

CTPDMom

It does have the tallest shell. My 6.75 year old fits in it by height for rear facing still. She'd be too squished in the shoulders in the Como, and she outgrew the Boulevard over a year ago, probably closer to two years ago, by rear facing height.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy, I thought maybe my mind was playing tricks on me! In the side by side pics they really seem as though they're all the same height. Do you account for the different because of the way the kids sit in the seat? I have an EFTA, it's deceptive in that it doesn't seem terribly tall but at 3.5 ds still has lots of shell above his head, LOTS, because they sit kind of down in a bowl in the seat. Is the TF similar that way?

(And how are you feeling?! :D)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm feeling fine, thanks. :)

The True Fit isn't up on a base at all. So in absolute inches from floor to top it's roughly the same, but the Boulevard is up on a base and the Como is on an even higher base. So their internal shell height is less.

Wendy

CTPDMom

I'm feeling fine, thanks. :)

The True Fit isn't up on a base at all. So in absolute inches from floor to top it's roughly the same, but the Boulevard is up on a base and the Como is on an even higher base. So their internal shell height is less.

Wendy

You're welcome. :)

OK, now I see it...in the nekkid pics you can see how much lower the TF 'seat' is. Thanks!

Jennifer mom to my 7

QUOTE=wendytthomas;824410]Wow. Those are amazing. The Boulevard looks so narrow on the interior, but look at how little leg room the Como has!! And the True Fit looks awesome naked. So much foam.

Wendy[/QUOTE]
:yeahthat:

Now, if I can hold out until the arb truefit comes out, and if I can like the continuous harness....I think it is now down to the arb truefit, the boulevard (or the cs for the cowmoo:whistle:) and the new graco (If I have that long). THe pics were great! Thankyou:love:

romanoma

Great seat pics for comparison!!

And no one has said yet, but man, what a super cute model you got!!! Just adorable :)

Spam

Great pics, and Adorable model!

Just curious, which seat is your favorite?

Thanks... umm right now, I *think the blvd*. I don't use the truefit in my car often because the harness adjuster is buried, but it's great in my mom's van and she can use with any of the three grandkids easily :). I like the como, but it would not install today. When I first got it, it wasn't really a problem in the same spot, but today the latch belts did not want to tighten. And with my car, being well a car, the base is kind of bothersome unless I like to bump heads. But again in my mom's van we use it for my nephew (21 months 32lbs, and my sis refuses to rearface him or even buy a decent seat for him different story:mad:) for now and it's great for head slump for him and gets him out of cosco hbb. I want to try a radian and I can't wait for My Ride :)

firemomof3

Thanks for taking the time to do the comparison, it was great :thumbsup: I do love all the foam in the true fit! But I hate that short crotch strap :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC