Britax Marathon

ADS
U

Unregistered

Marathon vs Wizard

Hi Kathy.

Which seat did you wind up going with? I currently have 2 Marathons and need a 3rd. Can you provide any feedback.

Thanks,
Alysa

kamesq

Marathon or Wizard

We tried out the Wizard but my son hated the wings and, honestly, I hated them too. It looked very uncomfortable and constricting.

We have the Marathon now in our main vehicle and are very very happy with it. My son will be turning 1 next week but I hope to keep him rear facing until he reaches the 33 pound weight restriction - so far he has no complaints.

BTW - we purchased a Graco ComfortSport for our second vehicle. I probably would have bought another Marathon if it were my decision alone, but I had to agree with my husband that it seemed extravagant to spend another $250 for a carseat we would only be using once a week or so. The Graco is not nearly as plush as the Marathon, but in some ways it seems roomier. My son doesn't appear to notice any difference, and the Graco was only $75!!

Good luck!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My toddler had been sitting in a seat without head "wings" all her short little life, but I had her try out both the Marathon & Wizard in the store ... I encouraged her to be comfortable in the Wizard {because in my SUV I knew the side-impact protection would be safer} & she had no problem with the wings. About a year later she's 30 pounds 40" still RF & loving the head support of the Wizard. Plus, her 6 sister can fit the Wizard but is too tall for the Marathon ;)

tinkerthinker

The opposite experience

Our experience was the opposite. After being in the Marathon, we had our girls try the Wizard. They both hated the wings. I'm glad we tried it in the store before buying though! :)

kamesq

Just checking in. My son turns 2 next week, and we're still loving the Marathon. My Nissan Maxima was on it's last leg so I sold that and leased a new Honda Accord w/side curtain bags. The Marathon is in the middle of the back seat, where I feel my son is safest. It's also easier for us to communicate that way and for me to hand back the inevitable food and drink during the trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC