Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Britax Marathon

Thumbs up Britax Marathon

The Britax Marathon is 5-point harness converible seat.

It can be used rear facing from 5 to 33 lbs. with a minimum height guideline of 18" until the top of the head in 1" from the hard plastic top of the seat.

It can be used forward facing from 20 to 65 lbs. and up to 49" tall.

http://www.epinions.com/content_93319237252

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered
    How would you rate the Marathon against the newer Wizard?

Kathy

Unregistered

Marathon vs Wizard

Hi Kathy.

Which seat did you wind up going with? I currently have 2 Marathons and need a 3rd. Can you provide any feedback.

Thanks,
    Alysa

Marathon or Wizard

We tried out the Wizard but my son hated the wings and, honestly, I hated them too. It looked very uncomfortable and constricting.

We have the Marathon now in our main vehicle and are very very happy with it. My son will be turning 1 next week but I hope to keep him rear facing until he reaches the 33 pound weight restriction - so far he has no complaints.

BTW - we purchased a Graco ComfortSport for our second vehicle. I probably would have bought another Marathon if it were my decision alone, but I had to agree with my husband that it seemed extravagant to spend another $250 for a carseat we would only be using once a week or so. The Graco is not nearly as plush as the Marathon, but in some ways it seems roomier. My son doesn't appear to notice any difference, and the Graco was only $75!!

Good luck!

My toddler had been sitting in a seat without head "wings" all her short little life, but I had her try out both the Marathon & Wizard in the store ... I encouraged her to be comfortable in the Wizard {because in my SUV I knew the side-impact protection would be safer} & she had no problem with the wings. About a year later she's 30 pounds 40" still RF & loving the head support of the Wizard. Plus, her 6 sister can fit the Wizard but is too tall for the Marathon
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

The opposite experience

Our experience was the opposite. After being in the Marathon, we had our girls try the Wizard. They both hated the wings. I'm glad we tried it in the store before buying though!

Just checking in. My son turns 2 next week, and we're still loving the Marathon. My Nissan Maxima was on it's last leg so I sold that and leased a new Honda Accord w/side curtain bags. The Marathon is in the middle of the back seat, where I feel my son is safest. It's also easier for us to communicate that way and for me to hand back the inevitable food and drink during the trip.

Carseat Crazy

Re: Britax Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by cpsadvocate View Post

It can be used forward facing from 20 to 65 lbs. and up to 49" tall.

http://www.epinions.com/content_93319237252

Thank you for posting the height restriction on the Marathon! I scoured over Britax's site and others - and just could not find that information! Although, maybe scouring so hard I looked right past it!

I have 3 crazy boys -
    Logan - 7 - Britax Parkway
    Wade - 6 - Britax Parkway
    Camden 4.5 - FF Britax Roundabout