Does anyone have an image of a baby in Radian XT?

chasingboys

Question is in the title. Thank you! :) I'm curious to see how a baby fits/looks in this seat. I didn't really care for the original Radian, but the SIP on the XT I like.

ADS

Pixels

Soliciting photos of children is not allowed.

I have seen photos posted of infants in the Radian XT, so a search might turn them up.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

I have seen photos posted of infants in the Radian XT, so a search might turn them up.

There is nothing wrong with a member posting requesting to see pictures of children in other seats.
We do encourage parents to be cautious in who they share their photos with, and we don't allow using other people's photos or direct linking to other people's photos, but with only a few exceptions (and with good reasons,) we haven't prevented people from asking to see kids in a specific seat. :confused:

ame0312

There is nothing wrong with a member posting requesting to see pictures of children in other seats.
We do encourage parents to be cautious in who they share their photos with, and we don't allow using other people's photos or direct linking to other people's photos, but with only a few exceptions (and with good reasons,) we haven't prevented people from asking to see kids in a specific seat. :confused:

i was going to say... i see pix of kids all the time... i was a bit confused as well...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

There is no guideline against this. Sometimes, we discourage posting of photos of kids in child restraints when the OP is a guest or a new member. This is usually more of a warning to those who might respond with a photo of their kids in a public forum, but the choice is up to them.

If you see a request like this, please report the post and let us handle it. Thanks!

Pixels

There is no guideline against this. Sometimes, we discourage posting of photos of kids in child restraints when the OP is a guest or a new member. This is usually more of a warning to those who might respond with a photo of their kids in a public forum, but the choice is up to them.

If you see a request like this, please report the post and let us handle it. Thanks!
I could have sworn there was, that I had seen similar responses in the past. I can't find them when I search (though I usually can't find what I'm looking for). I'll stand corrected.

Are you saying there's different rules for new members and guests than there are for people who have been registered longer? If so, that's fine, it's your playground. I'm just trying to get it clear in my head.

There's been a few times that I thought about reporting a post, clicked the icon, and it says this: "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." I decide that the post doesn't fit into those categories, so don't submit the report. This would be one of those scenarios that don't fit those five categories, so I wouldn't report it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I could have sworn there was, that I had seen similar responses in the past. I can't find them when I search (though I usually can't find what I'm looking for). I'll stand corrected.

Are you saying there's different rules for new members and guests than there are for people who have been registered longer? If so, that's fine, it's your playground. I'm just trying to get it clear in my head.

We've had issues in the past. Guests and new members have a higher potential to be creeps, spammers or trolls, especially if the first or only thing they do is ask for photos or meetings or personal information.

chasingboys

I forgot about posting this. LOL And whoa, I didn't realize it wasn't ok to ask to see kids in seats. I see posts with kids in seats all the time and I hadnt seen a small infant in a Radian XT. TOTALLY innocent question. We are convertible shopping for our next addition and I am trying to see if I want to go with something other than a True Fit.

I'm definitely not a troll or creep or spammer! jeez.

Thank you for those of you that were helpfull! I think I've nixed the Radian XT because of the new (huge) chest clip. Why oh why can't Britax make the bottom slots on the MA and BV lower!?

Maedze

We've had issues in the past. Guests and new members have a higher potential to be creeps, spammers or trolls, especially if the first or only thing they do is ask for photos or meetings or personal information.

I remember that guy. He gave me a serious case of the ickies. *shudders*

Maedze

I forgot about posting this. LOL And whoa, I didn't realize it wasn't ok to ask to see kids in seats. I see posts with kids in seats all the time and I hadnt seen a small infant in a Radian XT. TOTALLY innocent question. We are convertible shopping for our next addition and I am trying to see if I want to go with something other than a True Fit.

I'm definitely not a troll or creep or spammer! jeez.

Thank you for those of you that were helpfull! I think I've nixed the Radian XT because of the new (huge) chest clip. Why oh why can't Britax make the bottom slots on the MA and BV lower!?

I don't think Darren thinks you're a troll, creepy or spammer. LOL. He was referring to an, um, interesting member who used to post asking for pictures specifically of older girls in harnesses with requests for step-by-step photos of buckling the girls in. Yeah. It was majorly yucky. :thumbsdown:

I just got a Radian XT and I have to tell you I LOVE it! And I don't think the chest clip is really going to be that much of a problem on a newbie. Yeah, it'll probably look a little silly at first, by the harness will still lie in teh correct position and that's what counts.

Plus the infant inserts just cradle little ones so perfectly.

Another option for you might be the First Years True Fit ....another really nice seat, and the chest clip is an IMMI one, if you prefer that :thumbsup:

monstah

Arly has a post in swap of the "old style" Radian clips or you could order direct from SSK. Then just use the clip you like most. (I have both for my 65 and prefer the new one.)

xxluckychicxx

I just got DS's XT today and I :love: it. Infact I actually love the chest clip also :eek:. I'm not sure how it would fit a teeny tiny but I would imagine pretty well.

Pixels

The manual says when the child is on the third harness slots, regardless of the direction the child is facing.

In my personal opinion, it's silly to leave out the direction the child is facing. If the child is front facing and on the third slots, if they just got to the third slots they'd be just a smidge over the second slots, and using the headwings. But rear facing, on the second slots they could be just a smidge below the third slots (and therefore sitting higher in the seat), yet not allowed to use the headwings.

Some people have made the parental decision to use the wings when they appear to fit well for their rear facing child.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC