Backless booster help

my3girls

OK, I need a backless booster for VERY occasional use. I WILL not have my children in one full time until it's unavoidable. I just need a backless to leave with Grandma, can't buy a HBB and use it backless. Are they pretty much all created equal (with the Cleks being the exception)? I'm liking the colors on the new Evenflo Big Kid, but everything else in my mind tells me to run far away from it. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10745676 ANY help? THANKS!!

ADS

Maedze

How old is the child for whom it will be used and how much does she/he weigh? Also, does the seat in which the booster will be used have a vehicle headrest?

my3girls

My dd is 6 yrs 6 months right now, not positive her weight today, but I would say at least 55 pounds, maybe closer to 60 (she's always been over 75%ile height and weight) and I would NEVER allow a child to use a backless booster without a headrest!!! *cringe* And this child will be in this backless booster for 5 minutes a MONTH maybe, or less, the rest of the time she's in a Regent or high back Air booster. ;)

I have a Graco backless for my 6 year 5 month old, 50 pounds, 48 inch son. He fits awseome in it. It is an emergency only or for quick trips with friends.

They are 19.00 at target right now. They have a cute girly one or a orange/grey one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You might also consider the Combi Dakota, it's really deep and wide and comfy (according to my 65 pound 9 yo, it's now her favorite, because it's 'cushy in the tushy' and has a cupholder :rolleyes:). The Turbo's going to be quite small compared to the seats she's (your dd) used to, though it IS a pretty nice seat :twocents::thumbsup:

I wish I could see that one in real life, it looks pretty neat online! This one's good too, tried and true, cheap, fits little and big kids pretty well... but it's lacking a shoulderbelt adjuster, which may be important for younger kids (though personally I find them a pain and have never used them, just thought I'd mention it, lol) http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5716971

OMG I'm having a heart attack reading the Ambassador item description ("Let your toddler feel like a big kid by making the transition from car seat to booster seat.":eek:) and user reviews ("My son is 25 months and this booster seat works perfect for him.":eek::eek:). Must.... take.... deep.... breaths.... Is it worth notifying WalMart that this seat is SOOOO totally inappropriate for toddlers that their item description should be revised to be more in line with safety recommendations, not to mention the many state laws that have a minimum 4 year/40 lb. rule for moving to boosters?

my3girls

OK, I'm the OP, my dd is now 7 and 60 pounds. We did buy the Amp and it's a decent seat. I was just cruising WalMart.com and found the Harmony Literider:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10992661

I would buy it, mainly cause I like the color, I have 2 daughters, one can use it now and the other in 2 or so years, I get a discount cause I work there, I'll need a few backless boosters around for the next 5 or 6 years, etc, etc, etc,!! BUT is it worth it? why is it so cheap? and like my original post, aside from cupholders and dimensions, is there any difference for backless boosters? I guess just belt fit, right? This one certainly has low guides, that might be a good thing, right? Any opinions?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC