EFTA Question

Mommy2Marcus

I seen before where someone said they were having a problem with their harness staying where they left it after they got their child out of the seat. As in it had been sliding to the bottom after the child got out. I have been noticing that the harness on my EFTA has also been sliding to the bottom after I get Marcus out. It has just started in the last week or so. It was fine before this. Could it be that it is RF? Shouldn't they stay where they last were?

If I remember correctly wasn't she told not to use the seat by Evenflo untill she got it replaced? If so I am going to have a real issue here. I have 3 seats yes, but they are all needed where they're placed right now. I could get the one from my MIL's car, but I will have to reinstall it at her house in her car the two days she has Marcus this week & that will be a real PITA! Then DH will have to bring it home for me to reinstall in my car! ERRRHHHHH!

I guess I just need to call Evenflo tomorrow about it & see what they say. However they stay in place fine while he is in the car!

ADS

Mommy0608

Yes, definitely call Evenflo to see what they say. If they say absolutely NOT to use it, can you go out and get a Scenera or something? Otherwise, yeah, you'd have to move seats which might be an inconvenience. OR, if they do say you have to stop using it, can you go buy a new seat (whatever you'd really like)? They'd likely send you a refund check if they say you can't use it, but you wouldn't have the money before you go buy a new seat. Hopefully it'll work out. Let us know what they say.

Mommy2Marcus

Now I am second guessing what I seen. I slid them all the way up & they stayed today. I am thinking that maybe somehow Marcus is pushing them down when he gets out. However I am not sure now what to think.

Anyone have any idea on how they're getting to the bottom, but yet they stayed where I put them today. Should I still call Evenflo?? Somebody, anybody???

Pixels

It could be that whatever holds them in place is worn out in the middle (where they usually are when he's in the seat) but not at the very top.

Watch what happens when he gets out of the seat, see if maybe he's pushing it down or grabbing the harness and pulling it down.

Mommy2Marcus

It could be that whatever holds them in place is worn out in the middle (where they usually are when he's in the seat) but not at the very top.

Watch what happens when he gets out of the seat, see if maybe he's pushing it down or grabbing the harness and pulling it down.

I did watch him when he got out today. However I could not see anything he is doing to make them fall. They also seemed to stay where they were earlier when he got out. I AM SOOOOOO confused on what to do right now. But it does seem like they must fall sometimes. Maybe they are sliding down while I am driving without him in the seat?? That seems to be a logical thought. However WHY would they do this either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC