Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air travel

Air travel

Sister is taking four year old neice on an airplane. Is she required to take a carseat on board? If so, she has a marathon is that certified for air travel?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Air travel

Yes the marathon is certified for air travel, and many posters on this board have traveled with one. It is not "required" but would probably help your niece feel more comfortable in a familiar seat. there is also the security of the seat in the event of turbulence.

Also, if they don't take the seat, what will your niece be using in vehicles at the destination?

I'm sure there will be more posters that are more knowledgable posting soon.

Good luck and safe traveling to your sister and niece.
    CPST & Mom to 3 great daughters
    DDM 20 yrs EMTbasic; Seatbelt
    DDK 1/10/06 54# Cybex X-Fix-booster - doing GREAT
    DDG 7/10/07 43# FF RE
    "You know you're healing when your sadness no longer affects your happiness" anon

What's up doc!? I brought carrots to the soup. You?

Thank you. They are going to Disney and Staying right in the park. I believe they are planning on traveling only in the shuttles.

CPS Advocate

Since they don't require a child restraint on the other end and the child is at least four, if she isn't terribly small and if there aren't behavior or comfort concerns, she would be perfectly safe riding in just the seatbelt.

Yeah she is very big actually for her age. I am thinking she will be fine as well. Ofcourse it is up to her parents, but they werent sure so I figured I would ask all of you as you always know. Thanks!