The non-submarining clip from Britax???

WhatAboutPuppy

l2_head.jpg

Could this be what they're bringing to the US?? This is on the Maxirider Plus sold in South Korea... Twinsmom has me searching out my "what seat I'd import if I could" game!! lol
Anyway, I came across this and thought it was interesting...

ADS

NannyMom

Oh, that looks nice. I know when we first found out about the anti-sub clip, someone posted about Britax's European seats and there was a seat that looked alot like a Parkway with an anti-sub clip. Not sure it looked quite like that though. But I could be wrong.

Pixels

That's pretty much identical to what they use on their Australian combination seats. To convert to booster, you take out the harness but leave the crotch strap. Add the anti-submarine clip.

HEVY

If I were able to buy a booster from Australia I would, just for the anti-sub clip. I think I would feel so much better.

WhatAboutPuppy

That's pretty much identical to what they use on their Australian combination seats. To convert to booster, you take out the harness but leave the crotch strap. Add the anti-submarine clip.

That's what this is... it's got the two prongs on the male end that look to match the two separate pieces of the 5-pt harness.

I hadn't seen it before, thought maybe I was the only one... meh... Still way cool.
It looks like the clip is a separate piece... I hope if this becomes a US product that they clip is attached somehow... Though I'm sure they'd make more money if it was separate and people lost them and had to order extras. lol

KiwiGem

I have a Safe n Sound Maxi II here if anyone would like to see a photo of it in use with the anti-submarine clip. I need to take it out of my car tomorrow to move the internal harness up to the next shoulder slot so am happy to play with it & take photo's.

Here is a picture of my 6 year old in a Safe n Sound Pegasus booster with the antisubmarine clip...

2794685597_10cd5d6e2e_m.jpg

I love the anti-submarine clips & desperately miss it on the Compass booster my boy is currently using (in fact, driving me completely insane is probably a better way to describe it!) but he's outgrown the Pegasus heightwise now & we don't have anything else available here to put him into.

One thing to also bear in mind with the Australian Britax/Safe n Sound seats is that the internal harness in the Maxi II is only rated to 18kg/40lbs & then both the Maxi II & the Pegasus pictured as seat belt boosters or with external Protecta or H harnesses to 26kg/57lbs & most children grow out them heightwise well before they reach the weight limit.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm tempted to find someone in Australia to send me one of those clips to see if it'll buckle into my Frontier crotch buckle :whistle:

When they were going to release an anti-submarine clip on their backless booster here years ago, it was not a detachable part...just a crotch strap, basically, with that flat metal thing that you run the lapbelt into, like the PP's picture showed :thumbsup:

WhatAboutPuppy

OOH!! That's what they should do!! They should make a booster with a clip but they should ALSO make a clip you buy separate for the FN!! I'd buy it!!

KiwiGem

I'm tempted to find someone in Australia to send me one of those clips to see if it'll buckle into my Frontier crotch buckle :whistle:

I'm happy to phone Britax here for you & see if I can get a clip for you.

I've just remembered that this page here has extensive photo's of the Maxi II with the anti-submarine clip in use with an external harness, much better than I would be able to take for you...

http://www.childrestraintsafety.com/extended-harnessing.html keep scrolling down the page as there are good ones all the way down.

Here is a picture I just took of the anti-submarine clip half pulled out of the Pegasus booster. It's got a piece of elastic holding the 2 gates together but hopefully that will give you an idea of whether it would work in the restraint you want to try it in.

3456352815_261cffc814_m.jpg

niccig

If they sell them separately, I could get one sent to my parents and then bring it home with me. I go next week.

niccig

If they sell them separately, I could get one sent to my parents and then bring it home with me. I go next week.

To all that asked about the Britax Australia anti-submarine clip.

I called and they wanted to know which seat it was to be used for, manufacture date, serial number etc...I didn't have any of these details, and I couldn't get to a baby store to find a seat and copy the details down. I am thinking of buying an Australian booster for DS to use when we're there and to keep at my parents' house. Or bring back with me - I know, I know seats not made in the USA aren't allowed here. Maybe the Parkway 120 will be out before long and I won't need to do that. If I do go ahead with an Australian booster, I can then use that seat's details to get extra anti-submarine clips, but I won't be visiting again for 12-18 months...Sorry.

KiwiGem

It doesn't look good for being able to get any spare anti-submarine clips unfortunately. I just phoned Britax here in NZ & have been told that it is one spare part which they do not sell individually as it is exclusive to Safe n Sound & they don't want people copying it.

Even though I stated that I had Safe n Sound seats, this is one part they would not replace & I would need to buy a whole new seat to get a new anti-submarine clip.

To all that asked about the Britax Australia anti-submarine clip.

I called and they wanted to know which seat it was to be used for, manufacture date, serial number etc...I didn't have any of these details, and I couldn't get to a baby store to find a seat and copy the details down. I am thinking of buying an Australian booster for DS to use when we're there and to keep at my parents' house. Or bring back with me - I know, I know seats not made in the USA aren't allowed here. Maybe the Parkway 120 will be out before long and I won't need to do that. If I do go ahead with an Australian booster, I can then use that seat's details to get extra anti-submarine clips, but I won't be visiting again for 12-18 months...Sorry.

I'm hoping to purchase very shortly a Britax Hi-Liner booster which I'm hoping is similar to a Parkway :question:

http://www.britax.com.au/Websites/B...d Car Seats-Hi-Liner with Anti-Submarine Clip

It looks like the same shape in the seat but no where near the 100lb limit :thumbsdown: the Hi-Liner manual states 57lbs (26kg) only although it has been tested to 70lbs (32kg), but the biggest bonus for us is that it top tethers & has the anti-submarine clip.

Still about 6 mths away from being sold in NZ & it will certainly fill a big gap in our booster market, but I'm hoping to buy one from Australia very soon because I don't think I can wait another 6 months for my 6.5 yr old. I love his compass booster but being on the autism spectrum means he just doesn't have the maturity to sit in it properly for the whole trip & keeps sliding himself down in the seat, which he can't do in a seat with the anti-submarine clip.

niccig

It doesn't look good for being able to get any spare anti-submarine clips unfortunately. I just phoned Britax here in NZ & have been told that it is one spare part which they do not sell individually as it is exclusive to Safe n Sound & they don't want people copying it.

Even though I stated that I had Safe n Sound seats, this is one part they would not replace & I would need to buy a whole new seat to get a new anti-submarine clip.

Now that is crazy. Buy a new $200 seat to get one anti-submarine clip.

I hope the Hi-Liner works for you. I'm going to wait on the Parkway 120 here in the USA and see if it comes with a anti-submarine clip. If not, I can look at the Hi-liner, but the lower weight and height limits are a worry as I'll want to use this seat for some time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC