I know some of you will think I'm crazy...

twinsmom

...but here's what I got:

001.jpg

The harness pads not only have grippy-things, but they are cushioned too

004.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

022.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

I have the tether running under the seat, and it is attached to the back of the seat it's on (if that makes sense)

Okay, I'll admit that some of this decision was based on my pure, unabashed 'lust' for this seat! But my main reason, of course, was safety - the safety of RF in general; plus my son has a huge head! 97th percentile head circumference. Don't get me wrong, he's beautiful and doesn't look strange or anything. He just has a big head:eek: (he got very stuck during delivery, necessitation an emegency c-section, but that's another story...).

The people on this board should be very proud to have converted someone who turned her kids FF at 1/20 because she didn't know any better into someone who would go through great lengths (both financial, and *cough, cough* legal) to turn them back RF.:)

Crazy or not, I am THRILLED with the seats and don't regret the decision for a minute! The kids love their new seats and are actually very happy to be RF. The first few drives were full of giggles and "weeeeee". They tell me their legs are not uncomfortabe at all. They are both on the third to top slot. I hope they will make it until they are at least 5 1/2 - fingers crossed!

(By the way, Adventuredad was VERY helpful throughout the whole process - thanks!:thumbsup:)

ADS

munchkin

I am so jealous! When they outgrow them you should sell them on here, I bet tons of people would be interested :whistle:.

zeo2ski

I don't think it's legal to sell them here though (here being the US).

But very cool!!

ETA: now that I see the rest of the pictures showing up...darn you, why did you have to go and post these right now? I thought I'd gotten over any desire to import, but they make that My Ride look like...well...a Graco seat. Don't. Make. Me. Think. Like. This.!!

And also, is it allowed to tether to the seat like that? I'm pretty sure some manuals I've had (US seats) or maybe I learned it on here? say you can't tether to the seat the CR is on, but maybe that's allowed with the MT?

PEIMommyof2

[QUOTE The kids love their new seats and are actually very happy to be RF. The first few drives were full of giggles and "weeeeee". They tell me their legs are not uncomfortabe at all. [/QUOTE]

Just today DD said that her brother (20 months) is so lucky. I asked why and she said "because he gets to face backwards and sees what is behind us". She asked me if I could turn her seat around but she is way to big for that now, she is 5 and over 50lbs!!!

they look like nice seats, What are they called?

G8r4evr

I love those seats! If it were legal, I would buy one in a heartbeat...but Im too much of a chicken! LOL

twinsmom

I don't think it's legal to sell them here though (here being the US).

I'm sure it's not exactly legal:eek: but I figured there will always be people on this board who would be interested...:whistle:

But very cool!!

ETA: now that I see the rest of the pictures showing up...darn you, why did you have to go and post these right now? I thought I'd gotten over any desire to import, but they make that My Ride look like...well...a Graco seat. Don't. Make. Me. Think. Like. This.!!
:D

And also, is it allowed to tether to the seat like that? I'm pretty sure some manuals I've had (US seats) or maybe I learned it on here? say you can't tether to the seat the CR is on, but maybe that's allowed with the MT?

Yes, it's allowed to tether like that. My middle captain's chair is offset from the front passenger seat, so I emailed Adventuredad (before buying the seats) about how to handle this. He told me about tethering this way. It is in the MT manual for installing in the front seat.

Lara

Welcome to the Illegal Swedish Carseat Club! :D Congrats on the seats, they look great!

Signed, the owner of a britax two-way elite ;)

zeo2ski

I'm sure it's not exactly legal:eek: but I figured there will always be people on this board who would be interested...:whistle:
oh TOTALLY! I'm not sure I'd actually post them in FSOT though...I don't think it'd take long to sell em here even without a post.

ETA: in fact I see you're in NY...where abouts, I'll take em!
Yes, it's allowed to tether like that. My middle captain's chair is offset from the front passenger seat, so I emailed Adventuredad (before buying the seats) about how to handle this. He told me about tethering this way. It is in the MT manual for installing in the front seat.

Oh good. I hadn't even thought of the front seat thing. Very cool:thumbsup:

Heamae

So what do the kids think? My 4 year old wants to RF but I think after a day or two she would want to be FF again.

finn

Welcome to the club lol they are great seats :)

I know it is allowed to tether to the seat it is on in the front, not sure about the back seats. Having just read the manual it doesn't say that you cant tether to the seat its on, so it must be ok :)

twinsmom

oh TOTALLY! I'm not sure I'd actually post them in FSOT though...I don't think it'd take long to sell em here even without a post.

ETA: in fact I see you're in NY...where abouts, I'll take em!

I thought you said you weren't going to think like that!;) I'm in the Hudson Valley, but I hope it'll be a few years before I'm ready to sell....:)

finn said:
I know it is allowed to tether to the seat it is on in the front, not sure about the back seats. Having just read the manual it doesn't say that you cant tether to the seat its on, so it must be ok

I can confirm again with Adventuredad, but he told me it is okay and I trust he knows what he's talking about. I could also email Britax Sweden. They've answered a few of my question (in English!) so they could probably clarify. AD said it was okay to tether offset to the front passenger seat, but that this would be easier.

Heamae said:
So what do the kids think? My 4 year old wants to RF but I think after a day or two she would want to be FF again.
So far they are very happy with it. At first, they would get a little freaked if we were stopped at a light and they saw a car coming up behind us. They'd say "go mommy go mommy, another car!" But now they've learned that the other car will stop. It's funny all the new things they notice now that they have a different view.

HEVY

I always wanted one of those. Do you really think if you were pulled over they would know it was illegal :whistle:
Soooo how far away are you? Would love to see those bad boys in RL :D

twinsmom

I always wanted one of those. Do you really think if you were pulled over they would know it was illegal :whistle:
Soooo how far away are you? Would love to see those bad boys in RL :D

I'm HOPING no one would know! I seriously doubt it.

I am about 2 hrs north of NYC. If you are serious, PM me.:)

Gypsy said:
Awesome!

How much were they?

Oh gosh....a little over $500 apiece:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC