Please measure your 2,3, and 4 year olds.....

emandbri

If you sit your child down against a wall, how far is it to the top of their heads?

I got 19 3/4 inches for Elizabeth and she is 2 years 10 months old. Since others put torso I got 14.5 for torso. I was kind of freaked that she was shrinking but she is now in disposable diapers and pull ups and not cloth.

Last edited:
ADS

skylinphoto

Sorry! I answered incorrectly because I failed to READ (duh!). lol. I'll measure tomorrow when my son gets up. :)

Last edited:

mom2juliarose

DD is 4 years, 8 months and 23" from butt to the top of her head. She is 14 2/3" from butt to top of her shoulders (if I measured that one right).

canadiangie

Sophie will be 3 in June, and her bum to head measurement is 21".

She rode in a MA today (rf) and has at least 4 solid inches of shell above her head.

She weighs between 29 and 30lbs.

monstah

How do you want them to sit? Legs straight out, crossed at the ankles or criss cross applesauce? I'll try to measure my kids tomorrow.

christineka

Dd age 4 yrs, 4 months 30 pounds 20.5 inches sitting to the top of the head. She has a 12.5ish inch torso.

Ds age 2 years, 2 months 25 pounds 19.5 inches to the top of the head.
11ish inch torso.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Dd age 4 yrs, 4 months 30 pounds 20.5 inches sitting to the top of the head. She has a 12.5ish inch torso.

Seriously? :eek::rolleyes:

In what universe is this fair? :shrug-shoulders: your FOUR year old has a 12.5 inch torso?
My ONE year old outgrew the stupid 14 inch slots on her comfortsport....she's now, at 4 years old, going to have to move up to the TOP slots on the nauti very soon.......and your child of the same age has a TWELVE INCH TORSO?????

I'm not bitter. :crying:

really though...you have hit the carseat jackpot, LOL!!:thumbsup:;)

LuvMyGirls

Meredith is 2 yrs 10 1/2 mths(dob 5/22/06). I just measured a 13 5/8" torso, 20 1/2" seated height and 36 1/4" overall height. I had her sit both criss-cross applesauce and with her legs out and would be stretching to get an 1/8" difference. She weighs 28-29 lbs.

christineka

In what universe is this fair? :shrug-shoulders: your FOUR year old has a 12.5 inch torso?
My ONE year old outgrew the stupid 14 inch slots on her comfortsport....she's now, at 4 years old, going to have to move up to the TOP slots on the nauti very soon.......and your child of the same age has a TWELVE INCH TORSO?????

Yep. We are a short torsoed family. This particular child is in the 0 percentile for height. She is my shortest and my lightest. She'll be the kid who can fit in the scenera at 6.5 years of age. She and her little brother share car seats all the time because they both use the same slots.

lovinwaves

3.5year old
28lbs
37" tall
12" torso
21" seated

5year old(end of May)
31lbs
41" tall
14" torso
22" seated

And this is why people always think they are twins when they are sitting in the side by side double stroller together. Even though, DD, is 4 inches taller than him, his seated height is only an inch shorter than her. I think it's because of his enormous head :p

finn

DS

2.25year old
28.6lbs
36.6" tall
13.5" torso
21.5" seated

He's in the 75th for height and 50th for weight.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
DD is 3 years 3 months, sitting criss cross applesauce:

29lbs
37.5 " tall
seated height: 22"
torso length: 14 BUT, I sat her in a CS and she had outgrown the top slot by almost an inch :shrug:

fyrfightermomma

Yep my 4 year old also has about a 12.5-13" torso :) But the baby has a 14" torso so I got some of each!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC