GMC Acadia

keizern

We have a new baby on the way any day now and so we will have three car seats. Two forward facing radian and then we will have the infant car seat - graco sung ride. My husband really wants a minivan - not sure why. He is looking at the Dodge Grand Caravan, but it has bucket seats for the second row and I think it will be a pain to have to crawl into the third row to buckle by daughter into her seat. I am wondering if the Acadia with the bench seat for the second row would accomodate all three car seats. I realize that then we would not be able to access the thrid row but I plan on just having that folded down for storage for the time being anyway.

Secondly, if we were to get the Grand Caravan - what would be the best way arrange the car seats. I am thinking that the baby would be in the second row on the passanger side,(even though I would really like the baby in a middle spot), and I might like to put the two older kids (2 and 4) in the thrid row. Then take out the bucket behind the driver's seat so that I can easily access the thrid row without having to climb around and through the middle of the vehicle. What do other people do with a minvan? I really don't see how this is convient. But my husband seems to think it will be no big deal.

Last edited:
ADS

Spam

I :love: the Acadia (enclave, traverse, outlook, they're all the same). It is what I want for our next vehicle. I've looked at few, but none of them around here seem to have the two bench rows. All I've seen is captains then bench. I surprised your hubby wants a minivan, mine says absolutely not. If you can find an Acadia with two bench seats, you could try out your carseats at the dealer and then know if it would work or not. I would guess, you could get three across with no problem.

D

doggiemom

Hi,

We have the 2008 acadia and have 2 forward facing radians and a rear-facing latch-loc infant seat. DD 4, DS 3, and DD 7 months. Will be switching to a rf britax roundabout this week, so it shouldn't be a problem and am hoping that the roundabout can go in the middle. The latch loc wouldn't fit in the middle and installing the radians is a true pain on the seatbelt because of the stiff female part of the buckle, but can be done and is much easier when not pregnant which is when I first did it.

Only negative is the third row is kind of useless for installing the radians unless you have both parts up because of the latch and anchor positions (only center seat). When we have had extra kiddos we've used a turbo booster in the back row so the kids can easily get in an out and avoid uninstalling seats in the middle row to get in and out.

Hope this helps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC