Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Re: Here is the new Graco seat!!

I think my youngest could actually rf in this thing. Pretty sure anyways. He's 32 months now. He outgrew the TF by weight at 25.5 months. I bet you he'd fit. I wonder if I can measure him to the top of his head while he's sleeping
    April-CRST
    "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~Oprah Winfrey
    DD1-11 years: seatbelt
    DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
    DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

When you get a chance it would be really great to get a pic of the same child using it and the MA rearfacing. That would help us get an idea of how tall it is and how much leg room it has.

Elizabeth looks to have about 6 inches above her head in her MA so it might actually work for her.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

Well, thats not very exciting For the price though it does compete with the EFTA. I just was expecting a taller shell, oh well.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

I'm really curious as to how you got it so soon......and why you haven't answered that question yet.

We should be excited if only it means people will be going snugride, MY Ride 65, Nautilus. That is an awesome lineup! Finally! Think of how far Graco has come from 5 years ago with the snugride/comfortsport/cargo.... we are evolving.

It's a cheaper marathon with lots of width room for bigger kids... and I for one, am glad to see that (honestly - it is true that kids are "bigger" right now... in width... I've had a TON of 30+ lb 1.5-2 year olds come through our center...)

No - it's not the rear facing seat we were all hoping for, but maybe once we see a real child in it, that will change.

I think Graco actually heard our comments though - I remember when the Safeseat 2 came out (cozy cline) - our biggest riff with it was "what about rear facing??" and the 40lb weight limit - because it was a nice tall shell, with tall top slots, but it forced a parent to forward face at the 22lb mark. What I hope we'll see is the cozy cline become discontinued. It's a great seat - but with this one out, they really don't need it. (I just bought 3 of them at TRU for our center for $45/piece! lol)

And yes - the cup holders are silly - but I HATE detachable cup holders... they drive me batty... and they take up probably more room then this does...

Love the two seperate latch connectors... wish more manufacturers did that! I hopefully wouldn't see so many ff seats connected by rf latch straps! lol. (although... now the'll be sticking the ff latch straps all over the place... )

I think my beef with them right now is that line item in their manual about bent legs... we should email them and let them know... I bet that was just old wording thrown into the manual...
    Kate - Mom to 2 boys! - CPST

It's off! Yipee!

CPS Technician

Wow how did you get the seat? I didn't even think it was for sale yet. You must be very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Maedze View Post
    Graco has finally developed a reasonable convertible. Not fantastic, not trailblazing, not what we were hoping for, but at least they no longer are offering, um, crap, for their convertible market.
    Exactly!

If I hadn't just bought a Symphony , this seat would have won my business.

Quote Originally Posted by capeKO71 View Post
    I think my beef with them right now is that line item in their manual about bent legs... we should email them and let them know... I bet that was just old wording thrown into the manual...

That's my beef too! My DD's knees were constantly bent by 11 months.

DH says just buy one and try it. LOL, yes sir! I him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I just measured my 4YO sitting from the floor to the top of his head and got 21 inches - I'd say he is average torsoed. If he had 2 more inches of growth, it would probably last him until about 40 pounds. He is tall and thin too, 43 inches and 38ish pounds (I need to weigh him, he had lost weight down to 35 pounds).

Only kids with insanely long torsos like my daughter wouldn't last until 40 pounds in it rear facing. Not too impressed forward facing though LOL.
    So I started measuring last night and now I'm thoroughly confused. I measured the Radian AND BLVD as being 25" each--how can that be since my DS has about a mile more RF room in the RA than BLVD. So if the MR has 1" less shell than the MA, that means I'd only loose 1" from the RN?? I'm so confused. So this morning when DS got up I measured him and get just over 21" seated height (though I have gotten 22 before). So he'd still have 1-2" of growing torso room in the MR. Yeah, I really can't wait to see the kid pics! Sorry we're gonna ruin your weekend plans, Tasha!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAboutPuppy View Post
    I saw the cupholders and thought, oh! a place to gather dog hair and crumbs!! I'm probably VERY much in the minority on the cupholder deal. Everyone seems to love them.
    LMAO that's EXACTLY what I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRN View Post
    I'm really curious as to how you got it so soon......and why you haven't answered that question yet.
    She went to bed after posting last night, and it's still early in the morning especially with getting kids up...and playing with a new seat But remember she also got the Nautlius before anyone else could--but wasn't that just a week or two before it was in some stores? Does that mean this puppy is coming out like sooner than june?
    Cathy
    B-- 6.5y harnessed cowmoo FR85;
    Sl--5y RF RXT;
    H-- 2.5 RF RNXT;M--7mos CCOA--1 mos KF30 and R 1.5 RXT

Senior Community Member

I have a 35.5 lb weirdo who when she hit 35 lbs still fit in a Roundabout by height at 22 months. If this seat had been out then, it would have been my ONLY option.

I wish it could do everything but at least me now have something for the chunky little babes who need a RFing seat and are under a year old and it may even work for most of those chunky 2 yr olds as well.

It is a weird looking seat I would be interested to see how it looks with a kid in it.
    J-10.5 yrs, 100 lbs, 4 ft 10.5 ins-adult seatbelt
    C-9yrs-Britax Parkway SG, Clek ozzi, Incognito
    S-6.5 yrs -Britax Parkway SG,

It's not as great as I was hoping but I'd still buy one for our next child. My daughter still had room height wise RF but outgrew it by weight at 18 months old in her Britax seats.

I guess I want to say thank you to Graco. It may not be the best seat in the world but they are the 1st company in the US to go above the 35 lb RF weight limit. At least they're trying!

What is the height of the bottom slots?

As much as I am disappointed on what I thought it would be I will still buy one for my DD because she is super short torso-ed and tiny (still can't fit into a Marathon at age 1) so I have a feeling she would get alot of use out of this.
    Christy ~ Mama to Maddie (13) in a seatbelt, Sara (10) in a seatbelt, Jack (9) in a Monterey, Elizabeth (4) in a Frontier 85 and Anna born August 8th 2012 riding in a Purple Potion Cybex Aton, soon to be in a Key Lime Coccoro.

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capeKO71 View Post
    It's a cheaper marathon with lots of width room for bigger kids... and I for one, am glad to see that (honestly - it is true that kids are "bigger" right now... in width... I've had a TON of 30+ lb 1.5-2 year olds come through our center...)

The OP said it is actually narrower that the marathon for inside seating room. Just the outside of the seat is wider.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

Carseat Crazy

Last edited by Brendan's Mom; 04-20-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
    Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
    Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
    Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon

Wow, maybe a little extra room in the MR?

Carseat Crazy

Last edited by Brendan's Mom; 04-20-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Senior Community Member

Thanks so much for the pictures!

Your Marathon is over reclined, I don't know if you were just putting it in quickly for pics or not, but I figured I'd mention it.

He does APPEAR to have slightly more room in the MR, but if the Marathon were more upright, I am not sure... it might be equal or less.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

Carseat Crazy

wow, I actually think it looks like at least an inch, maybe 2 more height in the MR, and it also looks like more leg room as well, even with the MA more reclined. Could be a camera trick, but at first glance, if it can at least beat the marathon, YEAH GRACO!!
    I couldn't really tell how reclined the MR was though. Can it be adjusted while RF?

Thanks SO SO MUCH for all the pics

Maria, mommy to DS 5/10/06 49lbs, 49" FF in britax parkway/recaro signo/GN DD 5/14/08 38lbs 40" FF in Meghan BLVD/RN XTSL flora/recaro signo
    and now welcoming DD2 12/10/12 RF in a keyfit

Carseat Crazy

Last edited by Brendan's Mom; 04-20-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks for the comparison pics! Some have said it looks like he has more room above his head in the MR. Did you measure at all? It's sometimes hard to tell from pics because of possibly puffiness in the covers.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70