Here is the new Graco seat!!

April

I think my youngest could actually rf in this thing. Pretty sure anyways. He's 32 months now. He outgrew the TF by weight at 25.5 months. I bet you he'd fit. I wonder if I can measure him to the top of his head while he's sleeping:whistle:

ADS

emandbri

When you get a chance it would be really great to get a pic of the same child using it and the MA rearfacing. That would help us get an idea of how tall it is and how much leg room it has.

Elizabeth looks to have about 6 inches above her head in her MA so it might actually work for her.

firemomof3

Well, thats not very exciting :( For the price though it does compete with the EFTA. I just was expecting a taller shell, oh well.

CaseyRN

I'm really curious as to how you got it so soon......and why you haven't answered that question yet. :confused:

capeKO71

We should be excited if only it means people will be going snugride, MY Ride 65, Nautilus. That is an awesome lineup! Finally! Think of how far Graco has come from 5 years ago with the snugride/comfortsport/cargo.... we are evolving. :)

It's a cheaper marathon with lots of width room for bigger kids... and I for one, am glad to see that (honestly - it is true that kids are "bigger" right now... in width... I've had a TON of 30+ lb 1.5-2 year olds come through our center...)

No - it's not the rear facing seat we were all hoping for, but maybe once we see a real child in it, that will change.

I think Graco actually heard our comments though - I remember when the Safeseat 2 came out (cozy cline) - our biggest riff with it was "what about rear facing??" and the 40lb weight limit - because it was a nice tall shell, with tall top slots, but it forced a parent to forward face at the 22lb mark. What I hope we'll see is the cozy cline become discontinued. It's a great seat - but with this one out, they really don't need it. (I just bought 3 of them at TRU for our center for $45/piece! lol)

And yes - the cup holders are silly - but I HATE detachable cup holders... they drive me batty... and they take up probably more room then this does...

Love the two seperate latch connectors... wish more manufacturers did that! I hopefully wouldn't see so many ff seats connected by rf latch straps! lol. (although... now the'll be sticking the ff latch straps all over the place... :) )

I think my beef with them right now is that line item in their manual about bent legs... we should email them and let them know... I bet that was just old wording thrown into the manual...

G8r4evr

Graco has finally developed a reasonable convertible. Not fantastic, not trailblazing, not what we were hoping for, but at least they no longer are offering, um, crap, for their convertible market.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

If I hadn't just bought a Symphony :love:, this seat would have won my business.

G8r4evr

I think my beef with them right now is that line item in their manual about bent legs... we should email them and let them know... I bet that was just old wording thrown into the manual...

That's my beef too! My DD's knees were constantly bent by 11 months. :rolleyes:

zeo2ski

DH says just buy one and try it. LOL, yes sir! I :love: him.
I just measured my 4YO sitting from the floor to the top of his head and got 21 inches - I'd say he is average torsoed. If he had 2 more inches of growth, it would probably last him until about 40 pounds. He is tall and thin too, 43 inches and 38ish pounds (I need to weigh him, he had lost weight down to 35 pounds).

Only kids with insanely long torsos like my daughter wouldn't last until 40 pounds in it rear facing. Not too impressed forward facing though LOL.
So I started measuring last night and now I'm thoroughly confused. I measured the Radian AND BLVD as being 25" each--how can that be:confused: since my DS has about a mile more RF room in the RA than BLVD. So if the MR has 1" less shell than the MA, that means I'd only loose 1" from the RN?? I'm so confused. So this morning when DS got up I measured him and get just over 21" seated height (though I have gotten 22 before). So he'd still have 1-2" of growing torso room in the MR. Yeah, I really can't wait to see the kid pics! Sorry we're gonna ruin your weekend plans, Tasha!

I saw the cupholders and thought, oh! a place to gather dog hair and crumbs!! I'm probably VERY much in the minority on the cupholder deal. Everyone seems to love them.
LMAO that's EXACTLY what I thought!

I'm really curious as to how you got it so soon......and why you haven't answered that question yet. :confused:
She went to bed after posting last night, and it's still early in the morning especially with getting kids up...and playing with a new seat:p But remember she also got the Nautlius before anyone else could--but wasn't that just a week or two before it was in some stores? Does that mean this puppy is coming out like sooner than june?

arly1983

I have a 35.5 lb weirdo who when she hit 35 lbs still fit in a Roundabout by height at 22 months. If this seat had been out then, it would have been my ONLY option.

I wish it could do everything but at least me now have something for the chunky little babes who need a RFing seat and are under a year old and it may even work for most of those chunky 2 yr olds as well.

It is a weird looking seat :twocents: I would be interested to see how it looks with a kid in it.

cowgirlsmommy

It's not as great as I was hoping but I'd still buy one for our next child. My daughter still had room height wise RF but outgrew it by weight at 18 months old in her Britax seats.

I guess I want to say thank you to Graco. It may not be the best seat in the world but they are the 1st company in the US to go above the 35 lb RF weight limit. At least they're trying!

ChristyH

What is the height of the bottom slots?

As much as I am disappointed on what I thought it would be I will still buy one for my DD because she is super short torso-ed and tiny (still can't fit into a Marathon at age 1) so I have a feeling she would get alot of use out of this.

all together ooky

It's a cheaper marathon with lots of width room for bigger kids... and I for one, am glad to see that (honestly - it is true that kids are "bigger" right now... in width... I've had a TON of 30+ lb 1.5-2 year olds come through our center...)

The OP said it is actually narrower that the marathon for inside seating room. :thumbsdown: Just the outside of the seat is wider.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Thanks so much for the pictures!

Your Marathon is over reclined, I don't know if you were just putting it in quickly for pics or not, but I figured I'd mention it.

He does APPEAR to have slightly more room in the MR, but if the Marathon were more upright, I am not sure... it might be equal or less.

romanoma

wow, I actually think it looks like at least an inch, maybe 2 more height in the MR, and it also looks like more leg room as well, even with the MA more reclined. Could be a camera trick, but at first glance, if it can at least beat the marathon, YEAH GRACO!!
I couldn't really tell how reclined the MR was though. Can it be adjusted while RF?

Thanks SO SO MUCH for all the pics :D

NannyMom

Thanks for the comparison pics! Some have said it looks like he has more room above his head in the MR. Did you measure at all? It's sometimes hard to tell from pics because of possibly puffiness in the covers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC