Quick help please - Nissan Infiniti G35 Coupe

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I just got a phone call from a parent who is having difficulties with this vehicle and finding a seat that will install well in it.

Here's a link to a pic of the backseat that I found online:
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image...niti-g35-6mt-coupe-2006-20060530033900143.jpg

They have a Radian they've had troubles with, and just bought a BLVD - if these don't work, does anyone have any recommendations for what seat will work?

Dad mentioned he'd considered getting his upholstery altered so that the leather near the seat bite was more flat and didn't interfere with carseats. I'm not sure if there are any concerns with that or not? He wouldn't be moving where the lower anchors were, so I'd think that the cushioning is just an extra - but would like thoughts on that.

Sorry for the short notice, he's going to be here in 30mins, so I'm really hoping someone might have some experience with this particular car. With any luck the Britax will fit easily, but if not it's good to have another option to suggest. :love:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I figured 30 mins was too short a notice. ;)

I'll update this thread in case someone does a search in the future. Strangely I couldn't find a thread when I searched, but there's a thread with the sedan that came up in the similar threads at the bottom. :eek:

They had an 07 Infiniti G35 Coupe. 2 door, only 2 backseat seating positions. The headrests were integrated with the seat cushion and not removable. The radian actually installed pretty easily back there - the leather surrounding the opening for the lower anchors did stretch somewhat when the lower anchor belt was tightened up, but as I told dad, stretch is less wear and tear than cutting the leather surrounding that area and then having it stitched so that the connectors had more room to pull upwards. ;) The fit in terms of how it sat between the contours was perfect.

We didn't actually try the BLVD in there, but with the slant of the seat and the headrests sticking slightly forward, I don't see it having been an easy fit. Dad had tried it at the store and the back of the base sat quite a bit off the vehicle seat and the top of the shell pushed in to the headrests. It's hard to say if that would've changed much or not without actually having tried it.

So anyways - Ff'ing Radian + LATCH + G35 Coupe = :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC