Recent 3-accross in 3rd row of 04 Ford Freestar

arly1983

I feel quite proud of myself.

I have tried the Nautilus in the configurarion and also with 2 radians and couldn't make it work.

At the last min my sister decided to come with us to DH's family day. It was better for her to sit in a capt's chair and be able to reach all the kids on the long drive. I have another radian but didn't want to get it out of my MIL's car unless I HAD to. So I went out to see if this worked first. IMagine my complete shock when it did. :eek:

Frontier/MA/Radian65
Seatbelt/Latch/Seatbelt

All independently installed (and let me tell you what a PIA it was to get the Frontier out to see if it was an independent install). The Marathon meshed perfectly with both seats and the slope of my 3rd row perfectly.

Frontier and Radian went in first with seatbelt. Then the Marathon went in with latch. There is just enough of a gap between the Frontier and MA to tighten the latch strap. Getting my hand in there to undo the latch later was not fun.

The girls thought it was awesome. THe next time we got in the van after the trip, C cried for cousin N.

Picture131.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

MOM25BOYS

Congrats Arly!!:D:D Great Job!:thumbsup: Maybe I can get a Marathon beside my Frontier.

And Oh, I had to chuckle at the Bolded part a little bit...:whistle: :p My mind is in the gutter today.:duck:

I feel quite proud of myself.

I have tried the Nautilus in the configurarion and also with 2 radians and couldn't make it work.

At the last min my sister decided to come with us to DH's family day. It was better for her to sit in a capt's chair and be able to reach all the kids on the long drive. I have another radian but didn't want to get it out of my MIL's car unless I HAD to. So I went out to see if this worked first. IMagine my complete shock when it did. :eek:

Frontier/MA/Radian65
Seatbelt/Latch/Seatbelt

All independently installed (and let me tell you what a PIA it was to get the Frontier out to see if it was an independent install). The Marathong meshed perfectly with both seats and the slope of my 3rd row perfectly.

Frontier and Radian went in first with seatbelt. Then the Marathon went in with latch. There is just enough of a gap between the Frontier and MA to tighten the latch strap. Getting my hand in there to undo the latch later was not fun.

The girls thought it was awesome. THe next time we got in the van after the trip, C cried for cousin N.

Picture131.jpg

2BunniesMommy

Wow! I have a 2004 Freestar and I know how small that seat is. I also have a Frontier and a Decathlon. I am so very impressed! I have to assume you have some bruises. Way to go!!!

arly1983

Congrats Arly!!:D:D Great Job!:thumbsup: Maybe I can get a Marathon beside my Frontier.

And Oh, I had to chuckle at the Bolded part a little bit...:whistle: :p My mind is in the gutter today.:duck:

Shame on you! :love:

Wow! I have a 2004 Freestar and I know how small that seat is. I also have a Frontier and a Decathlon. I am so very impressed! I have to assume you have some bruises. Way to go!!!

Yes, I did have some skins on the back of my hands. I was so proud of myself.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I know this is an old thread, but it makes me so very, very, incredibly happy. Maybe there is hope for 3 across that tiny backseat after all? Do you think it would have been possible at all to get the MA in with the seat belt too?

Maedze

I really, really hate the third row of my Freestar. It's asinine.

I can put a Britax/Nauti/Radian in the middle position and have room for my FPSV boosters on either side, but I really loathe seatbelt installs in any position in that third row, even with the Britaxes. Not to mention the lack of tether anchors, which is completely unaccepetable to me....i don't install ff seats in positions without tether anchors.

AtTheSouthDam

I can put a Britax/Nauti/Radian in the middle position and have room for my FPSV boosters on either side, but I really loathe seatbelt installs in any position in that third row, even with the Britaxes. Not to mention the lack of tether anchors, which is completely unaccepetable to me....i don't install ff seats in positions without tether anchors.

:yeahthat:

I'll admit this is part of the reason DD1 will be going into a booster 6 years. I HATE installing car seats with a seat belt in that row. And they have to be in different rows because if they are next to each they drive me NUTS!

arly1983

I know this is an old thread, but it makes me so very, very, incredibly happy. Maybe there is hope for 3 across that tiny backseat after all? Do you think it would have been possible at all to get the MA in with the seat belt too?

Hmmm, not sure. I really don't like how the seatbelt comes out of the ceiling so I have never tried it.

arly1983

I can put a Britax/Nauti/Radian in the middle position and have room for my FPSV boosters on either side, but I really loathe seatbelt installs in any position in that third row, even with the Britaxes. Not to mention the lack of tether anchors, which is completely unaccepetable to me....i don't install ff seats in positions without tether anchors .

:yeahthat:

I'll admit this is part of the reason DD1 will be going into a booster 6 years. I HATE installing car seats with a seat belt in that row. And they have to be in different rows because if they are next to each they drive me NUTS!

You two are weird, LOL, I love installing seats in that third row.

Some situations come to mind that were so much worse...

Maedze

I would rather do THREE ACROSS IN A 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE than mess with that wretched back seat! How do ya like THEM apples? :fencing:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC