have you ever heard of this company?

ADS

Maedze

I have never seen them before :confused:

The booster doesn't look particularly fabulous. Nothing obviously wrong with it, but it looks like a pretty standard booster. Where did these guys come from?

capeKO71

Yeah - I'm pretty "on top" of baby gear in general - and I've never heard about them before - wondering if someone who went to ABC saw them...

Mommy2Marcus

I have never heard of them either, but they look like nice seats! I also seen that they are rated to 110lbs! I also seen one of the HBB has adjustable side wings like the Monteray! Maybe someone here will get one!

christineka

I like the look of that dreamride booster. The backless' price of $20 makes me hopeful that the high back is reasonably priced. I looked through the manual and didn't find any thing that said it needed vehicle support as the dorel boosters do. I'd like to read more about it, such as how I can buy one. The seat width says 16.5 which is just a tad wider than the turbo. That means the seat is kinda thin. The high back portion is supposed to be only 17 inches wide too.

NannyMom

Never heard of it. But....do they really need a backless booster named 'baby armor'? Do we need any booster with the word 'baby' in it?

capeKO71

I like it because it's cheap and it looks like it will fit larger children (like the 75lb 5 year old I had today... I had to totally squeeze this poor little girl into a booster...)

So no one knows anything about them? Their site is obviously developed with some pretty "current" thoughts in car seat safety...

canadiangie

I emailed them a link to this thread. I explained that we have reps from Britax and MagnaClek around here, and we'd love to have Harmony join the crowd. :) So we'll see...

(I for one am fascinated that they're out of Montreal and want to know more)

Evolily

The baby armor name is just ick BUT it looks like they changed the name? On the BRU website it is called "Secure Comfort". And then goes on to say it's a great way to transport "baby" :rolleyes: . It looks like they sell these seats in Australia and Europe? I wonder what the name of the company is there? Hmmm...

April

Never heard of it. But....do they really need a backless booster named 'baby armor'? Do we need any booster with the word 'baby' in it?

That was the very first thing I thought when I saw that.

#1 We all know there will be some parents that think it's great to put a 2 year old in one, and
#2 No 7 year old wants to sit in a seat called baby anything.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
That's not a new seat at all. It's just a repackaged Combi Apogee. Check the color pictorial and you'll see that it's the same seat.

According to the Combi chat transcript - the base of the Apogee was what we now know as the Dakota. Combi dumped most of the Team-Tex designs after a short while but they still manufacturer the Dakota here in the US. I'm not sure if the Apogee was actually a Combi design or a Team-Tex design like the Yorktown and Saratoga were.

This Canadian company is just using the old design. Or perhaps this is just another name that Team-Tex goes under. We've already seen them sell seats as Renolux, Car Seat Specialty, Safety Baby, Nania, Combi.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC