News CarSeat.se now online with Swedish rear facing seats

Adventuredad

CarSeat.se is a site dedicated to extended rear facing and informing parents about keeping kids safer in cars. There is already lots of information up and more is being added daily.

There is an online store where parents can easily shop for Swedish car seats and pay directly with credit cards (Visa/MC). Premium global shipping is used to most countries around the world with delivery time of 2-7 days. All kinds of rear facing or car seat related questions are also answered by staff.

We're carrying most rear facing Swedish seats like Britax Multi Tech, Hi-Way and Two-Way, Maxi-Cosi Mobi, Brio Zento, BeSafe Izikid, and Izikid Isofix.

CarSeat.se is a company run by me, Håkan Svensson, who most of you on this forum know as "Adventuredad". I have some companies behind me who are dedicated to safety and will be supporting me in informing more parents about rear facing and car seat safety in general.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
ADS

Adventuredad

Thanks Jools,

Isofix is great but still so expensive.... The BeSafe Izikid Isofix is a great seat. They've done a nice job with it. Construction of support leg can be improved, to be more like Britax, but that's about it.

Still missing lots of informational content on the site but it will be coming online in the next couple of weeks.

brightredmtn

I just thought of something. My DH will be in London in June. Could he have a seat shipped there? I'm guessing that would significantly reduce shipping costs...

April

Just got a chance to check out the site. It looks REALLY good AD! Great job. Now I want a Multi tech...drooooollll....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
VERY cool and great work! :thumbsup:

I'd totally order a Multi Tech if there wasn't a high likelihood of it being seized by customs. :(

Thus, my suggestion would be to cover your butt on your Terms and Conditions page http://shop.textalk.se/en/shopwindow.php?id=10208&shopwindow=1213202 maybe in section 10? Say something about, "it is your responsibility to check on importation and usage laws for the country you wish to import/use the seat". I can see Canada customs seizing a seat, ditching it into a pile, the person never gets their seat and them getting mad at you and trying to get a refund. If you have this somewhere else, forgive me as I must have missed it.

Oh, and the fonts on that same page could use some work, there are inconsistencies between the different sections.

But, LOVE, LOVE the site and LOVE the info provided. And if you have friends at Canada customs that will let my seat go through, let me know and I'll be at your web site with a credit card in a second! :D

Adventuredad

VERY cool and great work! :thumbsup:

I'd totally order a Multi Tech if there wasn't a high likelihood of it being seized by customs. :(

Thus, my suggestion would be to cover your butt on your Terms and Conditions page http://shop.textalk.se/en/shopwindow.php?id=10208&shopwindow=1213202 maybe in section 10? Say something about, "it is your responsibility to check on importation and usage laws for the country you wish to import/use the seat". I can see Canada customs seizing a seat, ditching it into a pile, the person never gets their seat and them getting mad at you and trying to get a refund. If you have this somewhere else, forgive me as I must have missed it.

Oh, and the fonts on that same page could use some work, there are inconsistencies between the different sections.

But, LOVE, LOVE the site and LOVE the info provided. And if you have friends at Canada customs that will let my seat go through, let me know and I'll be at your web site with a credit card in a second! :D

Thanks very much for the great feedback. I will add some more text into that section. There is no risk of seats being seized by US customs, it's perfectly legal to import a foreign car seat. There could be a cusoms fee with some bad luck but this is usually around $20 I know Canada are strict, so far I'm holding off sending seats over there.

What's with the man in the carseat?

Picture is from a DVD by Swedish insurance company Folksam which are active in car seat research. They give out a nice 6 minute DVD about rear facing benefits and point out that rear facing is always safer regardless of age. That's why they are kidding around with an adult in a rf seat.....

Adventuredad

I just thought of something. My DH will be in London in June. Could he have a seat shipped there? I'm guessing that would significantly reduce shipping costs...

Hi, I ship lots of sets to UK so thatt's no problem. Just let me know location (hotel etc) a littel bit in advance and I'll make sure package is there.

Last edited:

Adventuredad

Importing a Swedish seat to US is legal but using it there is ironically technically illegal. This seems to be a very minor issue to all the parents using the high weight 55 lbs. Swedish rear facing seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC