Spinoff: RFing harness adjusters? Which ones are easy?

heyruthie

After reading the thread about difficulty with the harness adjuster on the TF when RFing, now i'm panicking! I was def. going to get a TF, but because I wanted to use it for ERFing, but now I'm having second thoughts! My two reasons for wanting it were for ERF, and the good price range (so the ARB version is out.)

Have i been totally spoiled by my Roundabout for the past 2 years??? The harness adjuster on it is a total BREEZE--are there no other seats like this? It's the only convertible I've ever used RFing for any extended period of time. Can I replicate the ease of use with another seat?

ADS

Pixels

Yes, you've been spoiled by your RA, from what I hear. The TF is supposed to be especially difficult to get the the adjuster RFing. Have you ever used any other convertibles RFing?

mykidsmom

I'm very concerned about this as well. I've only ever used a roundabout and a Maxi Cosi Priori rearfacing. Both have had easy access to the harness adjusters.

We LOVE our Prior, but it has a similar shell height as the roundabout and dd is getting too tall for it. So we are going to be looking for a new rear facing seat for her.

Why can't they make a taller version of the Priori??

AtTheSouthDam

The Como was a wonderful adjuster. I miss it. You just need short seat backs so your child has leg room.

I assume the Signo has the same adjuster. I have never played with a roundabout but the adjuster is better than the Radian and MA.

Pixels

I should clarify. The RA is known for being especially buttery-smooth. I don't think it's any easier to access. I have no problem getting to the adjuster in DD's RFing ComfortSport nor the RFing Radian. The TrueFit and Avenue adjusters tend to get buried, as does the knob on the EFTA, depending on the contours of the vehicle seat.

mykidsmom

The Como was a wonderful adjuster. I miss it. You just need short seat backs so your child has leg room.

I assume the Signo has the same adjuster. I have never played with a roundabout but the adjuster is better than the Radian and MA.

Yes the Signo adjuster is nice although I've only used if forward facing. I just can't get a nice tight install rear facing and when trying, I wasn't sure about the lack of clearance to get dd in and out (hopefully without hitting her head)

heyruthie

as i mentioned, the RA is the only convertible I've used Rfing for any length of time. EVERYTHING about the adjuster is easy--its accessibility, the smoothness, even the cover doesn't have a flap over it, and it's positioned WAY up high on the seat. it's literally a breeze, and i easily readjust every time. i feel like i get a much better fit than if i had to try to do it without readjusting.....

why isn't the MA's adjuster the same? that would make it easy.

maybe we'll just get another EFTA now....i SOOOOOO wanted the Monet TF though.....

kaysmom

maybe we'll just get another EFTA now....i SOOOOOO wanted the Monet TF though.....

If you really want a TF for the other features as well you should try to find one that you can play around with in your car and see how it fits. We have a MA and a Monet TF and I like them both.

Yes, the adjuster is a pain, but in some cars it's a little easier to get to than in others, and I like the other features of the seat so well that I guess I just deal with it. (except the other day I went and got my nails done for my sisters wedding, and I HATE trying to get to that thing, it feels like the are all going to rip off at the same time:eek: Glad they'll be off soon!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC