Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    LuciaBella

Airport and carseats

Tomorrow, my girls are leaving for Florida. (we live in Seattle). I have 2 britax marathons that will be going with.

What's the easiest way to travel with 2 kids, 2 car seats, 2 aduls, 2 suitcases and 3 carry ons?
    I've heard about the gogo kids traveller, but it's 80 bucks! We are looking for something under 40. (we have to get 2).
    Help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Airport and carseats

You can use the latch straps and/or tether strap to attach them to the carry-ons. We did this with DD's Scenera and it worked just fine. If you are taking a stroller, you can stack the seats in the stroller. Hope this helps.

Katie, momma to Kayleigh 5/9/2006 and Samantha 5/8/2012

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Or if you have a foldable luggage cart, you can do like we did. Picture has 2 RAs but we have done it with 2 MAs. We normally checked the suitcases and the stroller bag when the kids were old enough and wanted to walk. Or if they were young and needed the stroller, then we would use the double stroller for them, gate-check the stroller and pull 2 carseats on one luggage cart

Or if the kids were little, we each would carry/wear them in a backpack, sling, etc. and each would pull a single MA on a Samsonite MicroMover foldable luggage cart
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by disbugsmomma View Post
    You can use the latch straps and/or tether strap to attach them to the carry-ons.
    I don't think it is a good idea to carry car seats by the any part of the LATCH system (lower anchors or tethers) or the harness... I know you didn't say the harness but I think it is important to mention as I just saw someone walking through the airport carrying a MA like a backpack by the harness.

Sunshine kids makes a great bag for car seats that fits the MA very well... not sure if you have time to pick it up but it is only around $20.

LuciaBella

Thanks everyone! We ended up just using the spare titan's which can be clipped to our backpack.