Airport and carseats

L

LuciaBella

Tomorrow, my girls are leaving for Florida. (we live in Seattle). I have 2 britax marathons that will be going with.

What's the easiest way to travel with 2 kids, 2 car seats, 2 aduls, 2 suitcases and 3 carry ons?
I've heard about the gogo kids traveller, but it's 80 bucks! We are looking for something under 40. (we have to get 2).
Help!

ADS

disbugsmomma

You can use the latch straps and/or tether strap to attach them to the carry-ons. We did this with DD's Scenera and it worked just fine. If you are taking a stroller, you can stack the seats in the stroller. Hope this helps.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Or if you have a foldable luggage cart, you can do like we did. Picture has 2 RAs but we have done it with 2 MAs. We normally checked the suitcases and the stroller bag when the kids were old enough and wanted to walk. Or if they were young and needed the stroller, then we would use the double stroller for them, gate-check the stroller and pull 2 carseats on one luggage cart

101_0158_Text_cropped.jpg

Or if the kids were little, we each would carry/wear them in a backpack, sling, etc. and each would pull a single MA on a Samsonite MicroMover foldable luggage cart
220_2017.jpg

canmom

You can use the latch straps and/or tether strap to attach them to the carry-ons.

I don't think it is a good idea to carry car seats by the any part of the LATCH system (lower anchors or tethers) or the harness... I know you didn't say the harness but I think it is important to mention as I just saw someone walking through the airport carrying a MA like a backpack by the harness.

Sunshine kids makes a great bag for car seats that fits the MA very well... not sure if you have time to pick it up but it is only around $20.

L

LuciaBella

Thanks everyone! We ended up just using the spare titan's which can be clipped to our backpack.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC