I'm totally stroller-challenged...

zeo2ski

I don't know where to start. I have a Schwinn double jogger that I love, but I think I want a new single. Well actually...I'll tell the reason at the end of the post because it's funny but not important, lol.
So I'm looking for something compact, umbrella style fold, easy to steer and use, and I want it to recline. Doesn't have to recline flat. Basically, I have this umbrella stroller (a gift, from BRU for $40 is all I know about it) that drives so nice and I love it, but it doesn't recline and has an itty bitty "canopy" and a 3 point harness that isn't effective enough if a kid sits forward. So I'm looking for something that does all that. Where do i start???

So DH and I are doing classes to become foster parents, and for some profile paperwork we each had to write one thing you'd change about your spouse, so DH wrote something about me being too cautious. Can't blame him there, but it wasn't what I thought it meant...turns out he was thinking of 2 things when he wrote that: sterilizing our 1st DC's pacifiers if they fell on the floor, and this one damn stroller I bought after doing a bunch of research trying to get every feature I wanted and then it turned out to be crap. So that's my "too cautious", silly DH, so I took that to mean I should buy another stroller:p The crap stroller is a Combi full size that reclines flat, adjstable footrest, big wheels, pretty nice looking all around. Then the baby was born and the thing wouldn't steer for anything. I thought baby just didn't weigh enough to make it steer, but at 33 lbs it still doesn't steer....

ADS

lovinwaves

Aw, so many strollers to choose from.

Ok, so if you are going to become foster parents, then are you going to need a stroller that will accomodate potentially all different ages of children?

Baby Joggers have the best sunshades.

You are coming from an air tire stroller, are you only going to be using this single in the mall and for shopping? Or is this something you are going to want to use outside as well alot?

Kat_Momof3

sounds like you want a babyjogger city mini... it will be the compact and light single you want, and have the most awesome sunshade.

zeo2ski

I think a Maclaren would be perfect for you...maybe a Quest?

Ack, I hit the wrong reply or something...

Yeah in looking at just the BRU online pics, I thought the Quest would be the size/type I'm looking for, but I'm not sure--is there anything similar but smaller? There was a Combi um..oh crap...well anyway kind of similar features the the quest but it looked a little more compact and I actually saw one today at the hospital and it looked like it was steering well (pushed by a 2 year old, lol) but I couldn't tell if the recline was more than a couple inches or not. But of course I'm leary of combi now but I honestly think it was the big double wheels that caused my trouble on the other one.

zeo2ski

Thanks for the link Joy.

Ok, so if you are going to become foster parents, then are you going to need a stroller that will accomodate potentially all different ages of children?

Baby Joggers have the best sunshades.

You are coming from an air tire stroller, are you only going to be using this single in the mall and for shopping? Or is this something you are going to want to use outside as well alot?
We'll only be taking infants younger than our (currently 12 mos old) guy but they'll grow! So yeah all sizes/ages. I'm also really wanting a triple but I'm holding off on that one til I actually get placements because I may need a quad instead and frankly the triples I've found so far just plain suck or cost a fortune.

As for inside/outside, it would be primarily an inside/sidewalks in town stroller--anyplace rough enough to need a jogger is big enough to take my double. But I do want "suspension", the umbrella stroller I have is awesome like that and it makes a big difference.

sounds like you want a babyjogger city mini... it will be the compact and light single you want, and have the most awesome sunshade.
yeah I've only seen one picture of those, and it looked good, but I'm not sure it looked good enough for the price tag, but I have to look at those some more.

Thanks everybody!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC