What seat is your 6/7 year old currently in?

ravekiss

I'm curious to know what seat is your 6 or 7 year old child restained in? My nephew is 6 years old but he's about 78lbs and is in a backless booster.

ADS

Maedze

I haven't got one, but I can guess that 18 months from now, Bean the First will be restrained in a high back Monterey or similar.

mommaon112903

When Josef turns six this Novemeber he will be in a Monterey and a Regent-if it still fits, if not then either two Monterey's or another HBB.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My smallish newly 7yo is in a harnessed Nautilus. I don't love how it fits her as a booster. I am waiting on a backordered Monterey and when it gets here it will be her primary seat. I'm not sure yet whether I will get another booster or leave the harnessed Nauti in the secondary car.

scatterbunny

My dd is a big 7, she's 54.5 inches tall (in shoes) and 70-72 pounds. She rides in a Jane' Indy Plus, a Britax Parkway, and a Britax Starriser Comfy (all highback boosters that adjust taller than many others; my dd is pretty much even with the highest setting on other common highback boosters like the Graco TurboBooster).

She uses the backless Starriser very rarely (sleepovers with friends, just in case they go somewhere, only if the vehicle has headrests).

She uses the Indy Plus 95% of the time, in my Focus, and we bring in the Parkway or Starriser Comfy if we need to fit three-across (when my friend's 7yo and 1yo are with us).

She uses the Parkway in the grandparents' vehicles because it's the most foolproof highback we own.

heyruthie

mine has been in an Apex65--either harnessed or booster mode. But he's only 50#--WAY smaller than your nephew...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a just-turned-5 year old. I anticipate that next year she will still fit in her Radian (she has a kidney problem and has stopped growing. Also, she's less than 40 lbs.) If not, we plan on getting a bigger car, and have a SafeGuard for her.

I don't anticipate that by age 6 she'll be able to hold still enough to be boostered for more than 15 minutes at a time. I expect it will be 7 or 8 by the time we get to that stage.

zactayaus

DS2 will be 6yo tomorrow.:D He is tiny. Only 38lbs.:eek: He is harnessed in a GN and a Frontier. He has only used a booster a handfull of times (TB).

HEVY

My DD will be 6 in just over 7 weeks :D and she is and will be in a Regent. If I were to buy a booster in the next two years, it will most likely be a Monterey and we'll be training her.

Stretchy Glue

My dd is 7, 52 inches, 68 lbs, and is in a Monterey most of the time, and a Dakota in dh's truck. She has pretty much outgrown most other HBB options (the turbo was outgrown at 5)

SGTex

My 7 yr old (53" & 53lbs) is in a Regent in my car, a Recaro Vivo BPB in Dad's car and I have a Parkway that he uses if needed for car-pooling. I love that he still fits in the Regent and we use that for any longer trips period. It expires in February (he turns 8 in January) so we'll be booster shopping early next year. He is also at the top setting in most of the 'everyday' boosters - Turbo-booster etc...

My just turned 5 yr old (43" and 43lbs) is also in a Regent in my car, a Frontier, Regent or Radian in Dad's car and I do have a bpb (either the parkway or we have a Recaro Vivo for her also) that we use occassionally for car-pooling, but only b/c she can properly sit in them.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD1 is 7 and her stats are in my siggy. She uses Regents in our vehicles and a Parkway or FPSV booster in the rare event she rides in someone else's car. The majority of her motor vehicle rides lately, spring break excepted, are on board a big yellow school bus with compartmentalization and school bus crash safety statistics to help protect her. :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Piper is 6.5 and is 39/40 pounds, 44.5". At this moment she's in a Parkway, but I just keep meaning to put her Nautilus back in. She learned to buckle the Parkway herself a couple of days ago, so now it's a lot easier, but I like the Nautilus better for her, it's easier for her to buckle and unbuckle, and I'm lousy about buckling the Parkway back in when Piper's not in it.

Wendy

loufrando

When A turns 6 this summer she'll be in a Regent in the primary car and a Parkway (or hopefully a Monterey instead) in our secondary car. She uses a booster in other people's cars/for carpooling.

She's 52 lbs and 52 inches tall with about an 18 inch torso. By the time she turns 7 next summer she'll be in 2 Monterey's full time.

NannyMom

J just turned 6. He is in a Parkway in Dad's car. Harnessed in the Nautilus in Mom's car. Boostered in the Nautilus in my car (and doing so well!). He will eventually get a Vivo in my car because I prefer the bigger headwings.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
My DS was 7 until yesterday (his 8th birthday ;)). He rides in a Regent and a Nautilus. Every once in a while - very rarely - he rides in a Parkway, FPSV booster, or Air Booster in someone else's car.

He's 48" and 49 lbs.

ChristyH

My 6 1/2yr old is in her Radian, she's 48" and 54lbs and still fits in it nicely. She'll be moving to the Monterey after she's done with the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC