Pool Noodle Foot Rest with a Regent?

SGTex

Just curious if anyone has figured out how to make this work? I want to put one together for both my kids on their Regents before we take a LONG drive this summer.

I tried putting something on the floor under their feet, but it gets knocked over, pushed aside and then they want help getting it back. I think for our trip they will be riding in the 3rd row of my Van, so there will be no way I could help them. (Plus I will be by myself and driving! :p)

TIA for any help!

ADS

Stretchy Glue

I tried, but I wasn't able to make it work. It works well when you can thread it through the rf belt path, but I was never able to figure out a way to put on my Husky.

scuby20

ive seen foot rest attachment things for car seats in magazines..with trays and stuff...are those safe?? I didn't know if they were or not. My kids are RF'ing so don't need it for a long time, but since I read this thread figured I'd ask/suggest?

mom2juliarose

I wasn't able to make it work with our Regent. When we traveled to Vegas months ago, we put a styrofoam cooler at DD's feet and she rested her feet on there.

mommaon112903

Josef always sits crossed legged on long trips. I have never even thought about this because he has never complained about sitting with his legs up in the seat with him. I am not sure how it would work as he got older, but for now he is a leg-crosser during long trips.

SGTex

Darn, I was really hoping someone had found a way to make it work. My kids don't complain, but we're driving from IL to FL - over the course of at least 2 days, so I wanted to be pro-active here.

Both of mine will sit cross legged at times, so I guess maybe by just changing their positions they will be ok...

Any other suggestions? Other than putting something on the floor?

J-max

CPST Instructor
I just had my 4 and 6 year olds in regents in the 3rd row of my suburban and most of last weekend (We were gone from home for 61 hours nad spend 21 of them driving). The sat either crossed legged or rested their feet on the top of the seat in front of them

HTH

mommaon112903

We drive from AL to W.Va and back twice/year, and yeah sometimes it looks like Josef would STILL be happier RFing than FFing in some of the postitions his places himself in!

njkj

Is the belt path for the Regent the same as the Frontier? If it is couldn't you just use a long rope or string (whatever you use for them) and place it around the sides to the back, then through the SBP and tie it under the cover in the back??? IDK if it would work but it is worth a try. i would try but I don't have a pool noodle.

christineka

I tried the pool noodle footrest on the nautilus, stringing it through the (ffing) belt path. It worked for about a day before the footrest fell down. I'm trying to think of something because I don't like ds' feet on my armrest. Dh has no sympathy on dangling feet. He is so tall that his feet haven't dangled in probably 25 years, so he just yells at any kid who wants a foot rest. (Mostly comes up in the bathroom when an older kid wants a stool for their feet.) Anyway, yeah, haven't figured it out for a nautilus and would like some more ideas.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I never tried it w/the Regent. We have an extended cab truck that the Regent is in, so I always just wedged a suitcase under his feet and that worked for him. Or a bunch of a blankets.

SGTex

I just had my 4 and 6 year olds in regents in the 3rd row of my suburban and most of last weekend (We were gone from home for 61 hours nad spend 21 of them driving). The sat either crossed legged or rested their feet on the top of the seat in front of them

HTH

Wow! That was a lot of driving for one weekend!

This will be our first "long-distance" driving. The longest trip they've ever taken has been max about 5 hours and that was really only my DD when she was much younger. So I'm just trying to figure out every little thing that may come up.

I will most likely have them in the 3rd row of my van w/ no seats in front of them, but I haven't figured it all out yet (not like I don't have plenty of time, but I'm a planner :whistle:).

I wonder... does anyone know if it would be ok if I secured something to the seat? Like a cooler/or sleeping bags, but used something to restrain them to the actual seat of the car? I'm thinking bungee cords, but thinking that they would probably be a safety hazard in case of an accident... Just so that whatever I have under their feet doesn't get kicked around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC