Question Talk to me about trucks!

northernmommy

The Venture has got to go! Aside from being a little freaked by the horrible crash test ratings, it just can't handle the terrain here:( It bottoms out regularly on my moms driveway and on the unpaved streets in town...never mind trying to go off the highway at all! (I'm in a really rural, remote area, and a good portion of the roads are dirt/gravel logging roads). I don't want an SUV, I'd rather have any cargo separate in the box, plus I will need to haul firewood etc.

So, I think I need a truck. I'd like a crew cab. It needs to fit three across, preferably have l/s belts in all three rear seating positions. What are the safest trucks out there from say 2003 onwards? I can't afford to buy new:(.

Thanks!:D

ADS

mburks26

I have a 2003 Ford F150 my MIL has a 2000 Ford F150 and our anut has the same. We love it. Seats for The middle and passenger back does have forward of the bite buckle stalks but all you need to do is pull the seat and line up the belt path with the buckle stalk the seats are solid that way. Tethers in all 3 spots must fold down the back seat to access.
Leg room for all FF. We also can get 2 boosters outboard and GN in the middle. Evenflo big kid, Turbo booster and a cosco backless is what he have used. Just about anything I think will work for 3 accross maybe not a Regent unless there are smaller seats in the mix.
We have had the following seats installed
GN
Cargo
Evenflo Bolero
Turbo booster
Evenflo Big kid
Fisher price seat dont know the name but it had metal locking clips its older and they are no longer made (wide seat)
A over head sheild type older (wide as well)
2 infant seats one was Graco and one I am not sure of but it could not be used with out the base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC