If you sold car seats what would you sell?....

emandbri

I'm seriously thinking about this but more on that later. :whistle:

I would sell stuff that can't be found locally. Radians, montereys, cleks, avenues, and would also sell nautilus just because I keep recommending them to so many people. :D

I wouldn't do any infant seats since most people get them as gifts, I don't think they would sell well.

I wonder if the manufactures would be okay with me keeping a handful of each seat on hand but lots of covers? I could then trade them out and the parents can get what they want without me having to have room for seats in every cover choice.

Oh and I would totally have to sell car seat ponchos. You would not believe how many people asked about it when Elizabeth would wear hers!

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't know if that would be possible, it might be easier to drop-ship...

I'd sell seats I'd want to buy, of course. :D

I'd include Radians, True Fits, Sceneras (the pretty cover ones), Avenues, SafeGuards (assuming they get picked up by someone), a wider variety of boosters (since it's hard to find anything but Graco, Dorel, and Evenflo boosters in stores around here, even specialty stores don't have much variety), the RSTV of course, the 86-Y, oh, and I'd sell SAFE accessories. Like cling-on window shades, Radian straps, reflective sun covers, etc.

BeckC

This is a fun game. :)

Infant Seats
Baby Trend
OnBoard
SnugRide
SnugRide32
Chicco Keyfit

Convertibles
Scenera (pretty covers)
Avenue
EFTA
True Fit
True Fit ARF
New Graco Convertible
Marathon
Boulevard
Radian 65/80/XT

Combination/Boosters
Nautilus
Frontier
Turbo Booster (highback and backless)
Air Booster
Vivo/Vivo Lite
Compass Booster
Monterey
Clek boosters
Some other wide backless booster. Maybe Combi Dakota?

ETA:the PP made me want to add this next list

Other
CARES Harness
RSTV
86Y
Safe after market products - those preemie supports that go around the baby, soft mirrors, cling windowshades, car seat poncho, shower cap infant seat covers, etc.

zeo2ski

I wouldn't do any infant seats since most people get them as gifts, I don't think they would sell well.

Um, I'd still sell them because the gift-givers have to buy them somewhere:whistle:

My list would be pretty similar to Beck's, and I'd also have the "safe" aftermarket stuff too--I had to order window clings because all we had locally were the suction cup ones. Just simple stuff like that makes CPS so hard for parents unless they do mega research.

A profitable store though? Meh. I guess in a big enough location...My store would have educational stuff all around--displays, pamphlets etc. and also trained staff and seminars. That'd be awesome.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC