DH finally 'got' it.

skylinphoto

My dh has always been really good about carseat stuff. He listens to everything I say. Has taught my son to tell us if he's not buckled in right/tight enough. And he knows that RFing is soo much safer and lets his friends with kids know. Wonderful right.

Well, the other day he was talking to me about an inspection they had at his job. It was an inspection of their fall protection harnesses. They had everyone put them on how they would if they were using them for a high job. Then the certified inspectors checked them all out. EVERY one of the employees at his job (including him) had their harnesses on wrong.

So, he explains to me what they had done wrong and how they should've done things. About how it's crazy that little things like the position, how tight it is, where the clips are, etc affect alot more than you would expect and it's very serious stuff. I was like "oh sounds like carseat stuff..like how the harness has to be at a certain height, seat has to be at a certain angle, clip has to be at a certain position, etc".

He told me yesterday..it finally hit him. A carseat IS important. REALLY important. It's safety gear. It's something that will help save our kids lives in an accident just like his safety gear at work would help save his life if he fell from high up. It's not just a plastic seat. It's much more.

I am so proud of him!!!! :) :) :) :) :love: LOL.

ADS

Joyofbirth

That's cool. My dh took an OSHA class at work. The instructor explained that their hardhats and harnesses expire and why. My dh said it's the same stuff our seats are made of, so it made sense to him, but some of the other guys didn't get it.

WhatAboutPuppy

I'm jealous. lol My fiance understands my "carseat thing" and backs it up and takes my word for what's safest practice and wants his children as safe as possible but I don't think it's totally clicked, nothing more than, I know what I'm talking about and he trusts that.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
She, this is what I have been telling parents. A car seat is a piece of safety equipment. It has to be used right, or it won't work.

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
That's great! I'll use some of those points to explain my car seat obsession to DH. He might understand better if I put things in 'his' terms :2thumbsup:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC