Roundabout 50

dhardawa

Was this at Lifesavers? Has anyone seen one? My sales rep called the other day and was talking about it. I asked about harness height and she said the specs she has show it with 17" top harness slots. That would put it 1/4 inch higher than the Marathon. With a $199 price, that could be a great deal. But, I haven't seen one to verify those measurements.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I don't see how that would work. The MA has 17" top slots, and if the RA had the same top slots there would be no way there would be enough shell height to actually use those slots. :confused:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's coming soon to a BRU near you, anyway (my supervisor has heard of it...). Anna, I'm thinking the RA 50 is like the SR 32 and EFTA... it's bigger all over and uses almost the same name ;)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Maybe based on the FPSVD?

I think this is closer, at least. Based on the pic/specs that were posted a while ago (on pishpishbaby or something like that), it has four slots and looks like it's the same size as the MA. Different base than the FPSVD though. If that's the case, I think it's great, but they're seriously going to confuse people by using the Roundabout name. :rolleyes:

Splash

Britax doesn't know what else to do, so to appear innovative they add ANOTHER name to an already produced seat. It's not that it's a new seat, just a new name! And this time they couldn't even get a NEW new name, they gave an already made seat an already used name. But... they're pioneers, I tell ya. Now there are <counting...> 5 soon to be 7 seats with virtually identical specs built on the same platform.

Really, it's worse than the AO clones.

BabyKaykes

I STILL don't understand. Whats the point? If they make it bigger then isn't it a Marathon? So why would I buy a Marathon or any of the other seats?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I STILL don't understand. Whats the point? If they make it bigger then isn't it a Marathon? So why would I buy a Marathon or any of the other seats?

No HUGS and if you don't need the 65lb weight limit? (I don't think there were HUGS anyways, I don't remember 100% for sure now.)

There's no lock-offs either if pish-posh baby's description was accurate.

Jennifer mom to my 7

No, it is a decathlon without the hugs;) No latch bars, lever adjuster instead of push button, 50 pound limit (and as we know, 50 pounds is a good limit to get most kids to booster age). I'm guessing that if it sells well, they will just get rid of the decathlon since they never upped the rf weight limit of the dc.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
So....it's a Decathlon with a different name and a lower weight limit? What on earth were they thinking? :confused:

Now, if it has the butter-smooth adjuster of the original RA, maybe....

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
No, it is a decathlon without the hugs;) No latch bars, lever adjuster instead of push button, 50 pound limit (and as we know, 50 pounds is a good limit to get most kids to booster age). I'm guessing that if it sells well, they will just get rid of the decathlon since they never upped the rf weight limit of the dc.

You forgot to mention less expensive...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I guess that's true--the weight limit would be pretty irrelevant since most kids won't make it to 65 pounds in a MA anyway.

mfrasier

Wishful thinking maybe but....
Graco is supposedly coming out with a seat that rf till 40lbs could it be that this seat rf to a higher weight limit...I know Britax seats in other countries do. Or could I hoping for too much?

Maedze

Wishful thinking maybe but....
Graco is supposedly coming out with a seat that rf till 40lbs could it be that this seat rf to a higher weight limit...I know Britax seats in other countries do. Or could I hoping for too much?

You hope for too much. The seat will rearface to 35 lbs. Britax has made it clear that they are not interested in promoting ERF.

dhardawa

If the slots are really at 17" and with a price point of $199, I think we'll see the Marathon sales drop dramatically. I mean, if I were buying a seat today, I'd get that instead of a Marathon. My kids never outgrow 65 lb seats by weight.

I wonder how much the economy and competition are forcing this. There are too many high weight seats on the market that are coming in under the $200 price point. Also, they will be keeping the regular Roundabout, but dropping the price on it to $179.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If the slots are really at 17" and with a price point of $199, I think we'll see the Marathon sales drop dramatically. I mean, if I were buying a seat today, I'd get that instead of a Marathon. My kids never outgrow 65 lb seats by weight.

I agree, but I'd rather get a EFTA or a TF that will last longer both RF and FF and are cheaper :eek:

With all the diehard Britax fans out there, I am sure this seat will do quite well. I couldn't imagine buying a Marathon if this seat were available.

Jennifer mom to my 7

You forgot to mention less expensive...

Oops, :eek: that I did. Yes, that 100 dollar price difference is big, isn't it? And I don't think is has the extra infant padding that the dc has, which I really loved when I had to move my dd to her dc at 4 months. But I really like the latch bars of the marathon and the boulevard.......

Kat_Momof3

it's basically just a renamed FPSVD... which is the one they got the most complaints about discontinuing.

now if only they would listen about the FPSV booster!

I just hope they give it better covers than they did with the FPSVD.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC