Can carseat covers be ironed?

ADS

Pixels

For a moment there I was trying to figure out why you wanted to iron the cover...

I'm gonna have to go with call the manufacturer on this one. Most covers you're not even supposed to put in the dryer. I would think if the dryer could damage it, an iron or even hot glue might. But then again, the concern with the dryer might be the batting bunching up, or the elastic losing its stretch. So just call and ask.

munchkin

:yeahthat:

I sewed the patches onto my Nautilus cover and embroidered on my Husky cover. I would be worried hot glue or ironing would come off over time and washes.

WhatAboutPuppy

I was so excited that there might be someone more anal than I am!!! :p

And I always thought the dryer thing was because the heat could do damage to the fire protective stuff?? :twocents:
But that was just a guess.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Sew them. If you want to take them off later, there won't be any sticky residue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC