I thought the BLVD was gonna be easier!

Mama Jo

I thought the BLVD was a perfect choice for my convertible carseat. DS uses it 95% of the time. The other 5%, I planned to use it for a FF'ing 2 yr old, who's 36 lbs. (And during those trips, I still have the SS1 for DS.) I thought the BLVD would be the perfect seat. No rethread harness... just turn the knob to re-adjust... Britax LATCH is super easy, just flip the thing around and we'd be good to go... right?

WRONG! I had to flip it for the first time this weekend.

First off, I didn't think about the HUGS... I hate them and don't use them for DS RF'ing. But the no rethread harness doesn't offer me much benefit when I have to rethread it to put the stupid HUGS back on.

And I also didn't think about the LATCH needing to be flipped to the opposite sides so that they're right-side-up. That ended up not really mattering, since I had to use the seatbelt for the FF'ing install anyway... so then I had to pull off the stupid cover to fold up the LATCH straps into the seat. Ok, so that's not a huge deal... but it's not as easy as just "clicking" them onto a storage hook...

And another thing... my CS never clicks. But it does stop tightening. It gets to a certain point and I tug and tug and it just won't get any tighter. But it's not tight enough... I end up having to unbuckle it to tighten it and then re-buckle it once it's tight enough. I wonder if a regular BLVD has this problem...

But I love my cowmoo cover... and I know it works 3-across with what I currently have. I don't think a TF would fit and I know a Radian wouldn't work in the seat I'm using it in. So I'm stuck with it. At least it's cute... :rolleyes:

ADS

Spam

I love the cowmoo :) Just remember all seats have quirks for different people.. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT SEAT!! :D

zeo2ski

:yeahthat: but they really should make a perfect seat...:p

I have the same trouble with the adjuster on my regular BLVD, I can't get it tight enough without unbuckling and rebuckling, but I figured it was the RFing angle where the adjuster is comined with the fact that I do use the HUGS on my peanut of a kid.

I LOVE the cowmoo, and I wish I'd thought of getting the CS for the moo...

firemomof3

I love the cowmoo :) Just remember all seats have quirks for different people.. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT SEAT!! :D

I couldn't agree more!! I have a blvd. and the new aoe and I actually prefer the aoe to the blvd. rear facing. Its much easier to tighten, quick & easy! But the blvd. has better side impact & can be tethered soooo....ya there is no perfect seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC