Flying tomorrow- which seat to take

Qarin

We're flying tomorrow, 2.5hr flight. I'll be taking a Parkway for DD1, checking it, but need to decide which seat to take for DD2- the choices are the Nautilus (which is usually DD1's) or the Wizard (DD2's usual seat); up until now, we've used the Scenera as our travel seat, but DD2 is now .5" from the top slots and is 38.5lbs (check her, 4.5years old, 42" tall, outgrowing the Scenera by weight and height at just about the same time!)... close enough that it doesn't make sense to risk her outgrowing it during our 2.5week trip. I am sad to not be able to take the nice, lightweight seat.

I'm leaning toward taking the Wizard; any compelling reason anyone can come up with to bring the Nautilus instead?

ADS

BW1426

I'd take the Wizard. But, I'm worried about the airline breaking your Parkway and not being able to replace it. I would :crying:.

Qarin

I know! But, it's the seat my parents' bought a while ago, which I needed to take with me last trip (partial driving), and so will be returning this trip. If it gets lost/broken... it'll get replaced with a Turbobooster. :-/

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd take the Wizard. Don't forget a seatbelt extender!!

For a 7.5 year old I'd be ok with a backless for a vacation, or maybe a Turbobooster with the back on. Put the back in your luggage and the base in the overhead. I agree about worrying about the Parkway. Heck, on our trip today Piper's RSTV got checked in her luggage and I was silently freaking, even though we have three dedicated seats here for her to use. hehe

Wendy

Qarin

For a 7.5 year old I'd be ok with a backless for a vacation

She's Piper's size- maybe an inch or so taller... I've put her in a backless TB and... no. Just really no. And this is vacation, but it's vacation in Los Angeles, with my father driving a fair amount :eek: ... Maximum SIP kthnx.

or maybe a Turbobooster with the back on.

Trouble is, this is the seat my parents bought, and it's a good seat for them (doesn't come apart when they inevitably have to move it around in their garage during the times we're NOT visiting). It took some finagling to get them to agree to get the Parkway at twice the price of a Turbobooster...

Heck, on our trip today Piper's RSTV

Oh, hey, I know! Can we borrow Pipers RSTV? :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC