Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby Jogger City Series Pictures of Elite and Mini...

Both of these strollers surprisingly fit my neighbors newborn(2mths old) very well. The buckles adjusted down enough, and so did the shoulder straps.

City Mini Single

lots of room to grow in seatback and bubble hood. (note: since the stroller is brand new I forgot to push that black mesh back behind the seat, so it's hard to tell from the pictures just how much room she has)

City Elite Single

Handlebar adjusted all the way down so my 3 year old can push it

Unbelievable room left above her head when canopy is closed. I would guess there is probably another foot left You can also see how much seatback she has left as well, TONS of room to grow(21inch seatback). She is almost 5yrs old, btw.

extra padding in seat, very comfy:

Complete shade from the sun Bubble hood also allows lots more room to grow for older children.

Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Baby Jogger City Series Pictures of Elite and Mini...

Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Wow, awesome comparison. Do they fold the same?

Yes, they fold the same. The Mini, however, is going to have a smaller fold because it has plastic tires, whereas the Elite has bigger air tires.

I should post some folded pictures as well, huh?
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

What nice looking strollers you have there

Thanks for posting this Mel.

CPS Fanatic

Great pictures. I really want one of those strollers but we bought a house instead.

thank you so much for the pics...even though they aren't doubles...it gives me an idea of what I want now!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuby20 View Post
    thank you so much for the pics...even though they aren't doubles...it gives me an idea of what I want now!!!!!
    Their sister double strollers are going to be pretty much identical
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

CPS Technician

The Elite takes a toddler seat (so does the Classic), so you may be able to save some $$ if that option works for you.

I looked at the Classic today, and while I liked it a lot, it was difficult to get all that fabric off my 3 yr old's head and it didn't fold as small as I would like. I know that comes w/the bigger strollers...

henrietta

Quote Originally Posted by henrietta View Post
    The Elite takes a toddler seat (so does the Classic), so you may be able to save some $$ if that option works for you.

I looked at the Classic today, and while I liked it a lot, it was difficult to get all that fabric off my 3 yr old's head and it didn't fold as small as I would like. I know that comes w/the bigger strollers...

henrietta
    The City Series Classic/Elite fold smaller than most all single/double strollers. Did you notice that all of the wheels pop off with the simple push of a button?

Also, the MINI takes a Carseat, a Bassinet/Pram, and a child tray. It also folds down ALOT smaller than the Classic you saw today.

Oh, and what fabric are you talking about
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

the fold on the mini, is 7 inches with the wheels off.

need a favor,

what is the height from the floor to the handle?

during warm weather like now I park my double jogger under the play structure at the park and it fits just nice with about 1" to spare.

I am considering the BJ double as a replacement stroller so need to make sure it can fit under the play structure in terms of height.

Carseat Crazy

Anyone taken the City Mini on a Disney bus? Mom loves how quickly it folds, but I was wondering how much room it is going to take up. Does it really fold up just buy pulling the strap? I am either buying this one or the Baby Planet Tiger stroller. We have a Chicco Cortina right now, and it is still huge when folder. It takes up all of my trunk! Does it recline totally flat or does it recline more like a Graco stroller. We bought the Cortina, because it reclines flat. We are huge Clemson fans, so the orange stroller is great!

Has anyone bought anything from Chit Chat Baby or justkidsstore.com? Justkidsstore.com says they will beat anyone's price and take coupons from other online stores.

Do you have a picture of it folded up, but with the wheels on? Where is the cheapest place to buy one? Most stores carry them for $229, and I really didn't want to spend that much.
    DS is Happily ERFing almost 3 years old, 27 lbs, 34 in long,13 in torso in Safety 1st Uptown('01 Kia Sephia), Evenflo Triumph Advance('08 F150 Supercrew), and still fit in his Graco SS1 for over 2 years. Started off at 3 lbs 7 oz @ 33week 5 days.

I just recently bought a Cowmoo Marathon cover from Chit Chat Baby and the transaction was great, got it in about a week! Free shipping too, and had a coupon for 5% off, but that one is over now. HTH!
    Katie SAHM driving a '06 Kia Sedona
    T1 6/02 riding in Monterey and Big Kid Confidence Booster
    T2 12/05 riding in Frontier and Apex 65
    T3 2/08 RF in Marathon and True Fit

Moderator - CPST Instructor mom2acrew's Avatar

We used it on the Disney train does that count. It fit great in front of me and DS sat on older DS's lap. FWIW we loved our mini at Disney, it was a work horse and the canopy just couldn't be beat. One night at 11:00 DD (9) was sound asleep in it and I carried DS (2.5) until we got to the boat and he became too heavy. I laid him on her lap (she woke up to hold him lol) and continued to push about 80# of kids to the car almost effortlessly.

I did not gate check it I checked it in a bag but it am sure it would have been easy to gate check.
    Jodi CPST Mom to 5

Carseat Crazy

Thank you. If only there was a place near me to try both the Mini and the Planet Baby Tiger stroller out in person. Our Disney trip isn't until the first week in August and my Mom will be coming with us. We will be driving down there, but using the buses from one of the Disney resorts to the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2acrew View Post
    We used it on the Disney train does that count. It fit great in front of me and DS sat on older DS's lap. FWIW we loved our mini at Disney, it was a work horse and the canopy just couldn't be beat. One night at 11:00 DD (9) was sound asleep in it and I carried DS (2.5) until we got to the boat and he became too heavy. I laid him on her lap (she woke up to hold him lol) and continued to push about 80# of kids to the car almost effortlessly.

I did not gate check it I checked it in a bag but it am sure it would have been easy to gate check.
    DS is Happily ERFing almost 3 years old, 27 lbs, 34 in long,13 in torso in Safety 1st Uptown('01 Kia Sephia), Evenflo Triumph Advance('08 F150 Supercrew), and still fit in his Graco SS1 for over 2 years. Started off at 3 lbs 7 oz @ 33week 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jlr9882 View Post
    Anyone taken the City Mini on a Disney bus?
    This thread might help you: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=56220

ETA: I lied The above link I gave you is for a DOUBLE mini. Sorry.
    Last edited by lovinwaves; 05-06-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

yay cant wait to get my City. BTW lovin your dd is so GORGEOUS!!
    Jessica, mama to Jordyn (8) in a backless

and Madisyn & Kingston (2 yrs) in Britax

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Melissa, What kind of support is in the bubble canopy of the Elite? I have a City classic stroller (3 part canopy) and it has metal bars up through the canopy for support. The Elite canopy is a round bubble type. Is the support bars through the canopy metal or plastic?
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.