Britaxes galore

gobsmacked

So, I was out running errands on Friday and saw Britax seats in 4 different cars! This is pretty cool because I have NEVER seen one here in our small town other than my own and tech_raechel's seats.

On a sad note though, I saw my neighbor driving up the street with his tiny 4 year old daughter in the front seat of his truck in no restraint at all. This child is TINY- much smaller than my 34 lb child. :(

ADS

lovinwaves

On a sad note though, I saw my neighbor driving up the street with his tiny 4 year old daughter in the front seat of his truck in no restraint at all. This child is TINY- much smaller than my 34 lb child. :(

I see that all the time here where I live too!! I just look away and cringe....:(

Lara

Thats soo cool that you saw a bunch of britax seats! I got excited the other day when I saw a little kid rf in a bv that looked to be about 18 months old. yay for extended rf!

I see the kids in the front seat unrestrained all the time here too. I live in a big community, so people are like well we are just going across the street, the kids don't need their seats. They think i'm crazy for putting my dd in her seat every single time we are in the car.

T

tutu

A bit OT, but last week I heard a crash outside my office, went out to see if I could help. Three college women in a Pontiac Sunbird (or is it Sunfire?), none in seatbelts. Fortunately none of the injuries were serious. After I called 911, one of them told me earnestly "We are only a couple blocks from home, so we didn't even have TIME to put on our seatbelts." Yikes. I have to wonder what excuse they'll have for not properly restraining kids later, but I hope they've learned enough now to make them more responsible later.

Simplysomething

A bit OT, but last week I heard a crash outside my office, went out to see if I could help. Three college women in a Pontiac Sunbird (or is it Sunfire?), none in seatbelts. Fortunately none of the injuries were serious. After I called 911, one of them told me earnestly "We are only a couple blocks from home, so we didn't even have TIME to put on our seatbelts." Yikes. I have to wonder what excuse they'll have for not properly restraining kids later, but I hope they've learned enough now to make them more responsible later.

What a dummy. We solve that problem by making sure everyone is buckled before we drive off. lol

gobsmacked

Time??? I didn't realize it took SO much time for adult to buckle a seatbelt. :rolleyes:

mamato2

You'd be amazed at how many people buckle up at the end of their drive, or when they get to the main street.
C.

lovinwaves

You'd be amazed at how many people buckle up at the end of their drive, or when they get to the main street.
C.

I admit I do that sometimes when I am in a hurry to leave my house. But I dont' get very far because my Van has this really annoying BEEP!!!

My sister's Scion car has the same kind of beep for a couple of minutes, and then it goes Balistic!! It cracks me up, it sounds like the car is going to explode at any moment. It's like BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEPP, ok well you would just have to hear it in person...It's the craziest noise ever!

Needless to say I have never seen her without her seatbelt (she is 18)! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC